2015/06/01 15:36:08
metalfactorystudios
Hi! I´m Alex, a full time audio engineer.  I´m a Sonar user since v8.0 but I suffered to have to swich to other DAWs to make my life easier in some aspects of a production. I´ve always mixed in Sonar, now a platinum user.
I´ve been using PT for editing drums with BeatDetective or Elastic and Cubase to edit my GTR, Bass & Vocals thank to its AudioWarp tool and also slip edit feature. I´d like to suggest some features that will improve my workflow and hopefully some other people would benefit from it too.

- Tab to transient: Works wonders with individual tracks but starts to fail when tabbing with grouped clips, that´s really annoying
- Group clips: I wonder why when tracks are grouped if you select one track and make a split it doesn´t make a cut in all tracks, that slows a ton the workflow when cutting tracks to edit them to the grid.
- Grid lines: The only way to change the resolution of the grid is by enabling SmartGrid, but everytime you change the zoom it changes its resolution. A way to set the grid lines to your prefer resolution will be a major improvement
- AudioSnap: Those who work professionaly need to speed up our editing time. Now audiosnap is the only way to edit multitrack drums ala BeatDet way. Your select your markers, merge them and cut. So far so good. Now it comes the bad part, the session begins to slow down, if you ever dare to save the session it will take maybe 3 minutes and 300mb size. That´s really bad and why I mainly switch to PT for that.
- Strech clips only works with one track at a time. So if you´re trying to strech your 20 drums tracks for some cymbal bleed you have to do it one by one :(
- Enable a quick quantize button that will move to the selected grid without having to set the parameters in the quantize menu, like you do on PT, just press a key and move. Bang!!

Hope the support personnel will attend it!

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account