2015/06/02 04:42:51
LJB
I find myself increasingly wishing for a floating panel that contains Mute / Solo options for Track Folders.

As I often work with very large projects and I group all similar instruments (or audio tracks for dialogue etc) into folders, I thought it would be great to have a panel where I can mute an entire folder or group without having to scroll up to it. Application would be for instance in composing for film, where I want to quickly mute all the film audio so that I can just work on the music. Then Unmute again etc.

This would also be handy for muting let's say all the drums in a mix or soloing all the guitars in a folder. Yes, one can scroll to the folder, but it sometimes means closing or rearranging your layout to get to the buttons.

Another to way to solve this would be assignable shortcuts to folders, but that would get too complicated to keep consistent from project to project.

Ludwig
2015/06/02 06:17:50
mudgel
Float the Control bar with just that widget showing. I have a screen set where I have the Control Bar reduced to just the transport widget visible and I can float it wherever I want.
2015/06/02 06:39:40
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Bus routing of instrument groups usually takes care of that in my case - even if it means that I might have to push more than one button on the CS if e.g. not all guitars feed the same bus ...

On the other hand you could bind "Open/Close folder" of the TV to quickly minimize track folders which are not the main focus of the current work and thus save screen estate and keep more track folder mute buttons within view ...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account