2017/11/26 03:26:51
riojazz
So what DAW is good for staff view functions including viewing and editing multiple tracks?
2017/11/26 03:31:39
abacab
How does all this compare with Cubase?
2017/11/26 11:35:40
cclarry
riojazz
So what DAW is good for staff view functions including viewing and editing multiple tracks?

Cubase excels at MIDI.  
2017/11/26 15:39:57
JonD
Wookiee
... the support guy also did not know what ARA integration was.

Well, I would chalk that up to the terminology.  Their website doesn't mention "ARA", so if you had simply said "Melodyne", the light bulb probably would have clicked for him.

Then again, they only just added Melodyne in the most recent version, and there's little talk of it in their forums. I suspect all but the most basic Melodyne questions to support are referred to Celemony.
2017/11/26 16:03:15
abacab
Another thing that I noticed about Mixcraft is that it is another "Windows only" DAW.

Could not being cross platform limit the long term longevity of any DAW in today's competitive market? 

It seems that we are already flooded with cross platform music applications.  IMHO, that may have been a major issue for Sonar...
2017/11/26 16:45:28
bitflipper
This may not be directly relevant to Mixcraft, but it's what I've been using as my testbed to see which Cakewalk plugins are portable. Here's my list so far:

Cakewalk plugins that work in Mixcraft:
CA2A
LPEQ
LPMB
Percussion Strip
Vocal Strip
Transient Shaper
Tube Leveler
Bifilter
Studio Instruments
Addictive Drums
Session Drummer
Dimension Pro
Rapture
Boost11
VX-64 Vocal Strip
Channel Tools (!)

Cakewalk plugins that do NOT work in Mixcraft:
Adaptive Limiter
Breverb
TH3
Bluetubes plugin collection

2017/11/26 18:34:29
aceric
abacab
How does all this compare with Cubase?

I've personally never used Cubase. However, a friend of mine who is also my drummer in our band, used Cubase for years. Once we got together a few years ago, he started using Mixcraft. We were at version 6 at the time. He did keep cubase around saying that it's midi editor was better. However, two versions later and I don;t think he uses cubase at all anymore.
2017/11/26 18:35:47
aceric
abacab
Another thing that I noticed about Mixcraft is that it is another "Windows only" DAW.

Could not being cross platform limit the long term longevity of any DAW in today's competitive market? 

It seems that we are already flooded with cross platform music applications.  IMHO, that may have been a major issue for Sonar...

Our research says we're fine on Windows only. Who knows though, maybe the future would call for cross platform and we'll deal with it at that time.
2017/11/26 18:37:15
aceric
Whiskey Still
This looks like a great alternative for me.  Anyone know how long the $99 for special for Mixcraft 8 Pro lasts?

I'm heading out on a business trip tomorrow.  I'd like to try the demo out for the full 14-days, but figure the sale will be over before I'd get back next Friday.

Until Midnight tonight (central time)
2017/11/26 18:37:59
aceric
soens
Dual screen capability has become a must. Sad that some of these alts don't allow it.

What does Mixcraft not allow as far as multiple screens? I am running dual right now, have been for 4 years.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account