2017/11/27 09:34:42
telecharge
kennywtelejazz
I'm here and still willing to talk more about Mixcraft if people want to hear more ....

As a Mixcraft Pro Studio 7 license holder, I have a selfish question to ask...

What changes or features do you like most in version 8? Are there noticeable improvements, or should I wait for the next version?
2017/11/27 09:45:09
soens
Sweetwater sale just ended @midnight. Went to JRRSHOP and got it for $84.15. $99 - $14.85. MF still had it for $99 @12:30 AST.

Waiting for manually generated download license. 14 days left on demo so no hurry.

Good news if you think the GUI is kinda cartoonish. Nicely, all GUI files are in a folder (mixrez) and can be repainted like Sonar's. So custom themes can be made for it.

Has Multidock style views. A big + is the Docked views can be displayed on a separate monitor.

Mixer has built in 3way EQ and can be stretched vertically.

Clips have their own play, mute, loop buttons. Very handy for editing.

MIDI editing is probably not up to Sonar but I haven't got that far yet.

Has cool MIDI Learn button for setting up your controller. Just did mine (transport only controller) and couldn't have been easier. The missing Stop button means I have to use the controller's Play button for Play & Pause. No RTZ button and won't light the controller buttons like Sonar will.

PRV keys turn blue when notes are played.

Colored markers.

CONs:
Time Ruler only displays Beats or Time, not both. Worse yet it affects both the Ruler and the Now Time. I like to have them showing opposite stats.

Like bit says, only one PRV @a time, but it's 3 windows in one: PRV, Step, & Score (staff), tho Step looks like PRV to me.

Track outputs can't go direct to your interface. Only to busses or main.

Only glitch I'm noticing so far is the softsynths tend to freeze up while playing them with the QWERTY keys.
When played with a controller the latency is very noticeable. Haven't seen how to adjust that if you can.

Oh, and it opens the 1st time with a cool demo song loaded!
2017/11/27 13:23:58
cclarry
You should have used the GROUP code Soens...makes it $83.16 at JRR
2017/11/27 14:44:32
S.L.I.P.
telecharge
kennywtelejazz
I'm here and still willing to talk more about Mixcraft if people want to hear more ....

What changes or features do you like most in version 8? Are there noticeable improvements, or should I wait for the next version?

New In Mixcraft 8 https://www.acoustica.com...ixcraft-whats-new.html
2017/11/27 15:19:31
Voda La Void
Does Mixcraft utilize take lanes and comping?  If so, how does it do on multiple tracks of take lanes, such as drum tracks?  

In Sonar X3, apparently, you could select all the drum tracks and when you "comped" a take in some track, it would comp that same take in all the tracks selected.  I can't imagine not having that...
2017/11/27 15:58:41
aconte22
Voda La Void
Mixcraft 8 has lanes for comping. Just tried a take on a drum track with two lanes in Mixcraft 8. The recording was printed only in the 1st lane of that track I selected.  

It could also be how my preferences are set (which are very flexible). I would suggest downloading the free 14-day trial and trying it out yourself to get a handle on the workflow, which it Mixcraft's strongest suit.
Voda La Void
Does Mixcraft utilize take lanes and comping?  If so, how does it do on multiple tracks of take lanes, such as drum tracks?  

In Sonar X3, apparently, you could select all the drum tracks and when you "comped" a take in some track, it would comp that same take in all the tracks selected.  I can't imagine not having that...

2017/11/27 16:17:20
Starise
I'll admit to some bias initially in looking at Mixcraft software. I judge the small things. The dude on the cover of Mixcraft looks like a kid buying his first daw. I wanted serious software and Mixcraft didn't look serious enough for me.

The only thing that made me even partially interested was the fact that Bit looked at it and liked a lot about it.I value Dave's opinions, so I decided to look at it a little more than I normally would have.If Dave hadn't commented about it, I would not have looked twice at it.

As it stands I am looking for a program that can assemble loops for backing tracks as either nice additions or as an entire track. I also need something that is good with basic video and I didn't want Cubase.

The half price entry fee is not a bad price even if I can't use half of the extras.It's tough to say if I'll use the plugins since I have enough of those  already. 

I appreciate those who shared what they know about the program. If I  can assemble some tracks fairly fast I might use it instead of SO3 for backing track/video work. I'll still probably use SO3 as my main daw tho.

Some of the sales look like online downloads....I might need to take a long time to download if I can't get a boxed version of it.

I went from this is a toy daw to ok this might be something I can use. We'll see.
2017/11/27 16:23:26
kennywtelejazz
telecharge
kennywtelejazz

Hi telecharge ,

Sure it's OK to ask .

First a No Brainer
I liked the upgrade pricing from Acoustica . The Mixcraft 7 Pro to Mixcraft 8 Pro upgrade ran me around $42 bucks after tax .

The Audio engine was improved in Mixcraft 8 . After upgrading to 8 I saw noticeable results right off the bat when I opened up M C 7 projects I had done in 7  and then opened them up in M 8 .

In MC 7 I didn't like the idea that I had to import my non Mixcraft loops into Mixcrafts  7 's browser / library  structure , it meant duplicating my files meaning twice the clog and used up HD space
In Mixcraft 8 the library tab has things laid out much neater than 7 ever did .
The far left folder icon with the name Browse the library will bring up all the Acoustica provided loop and sample content all neatly organized .
The folder to the right of that called Browse your computer will allow you to browse your computers HD 's  and save  your loops , samples / what ever you have in your folders once you engage the add folder bottom on the bottom ...the other two Icons Search and favorites ....I don't use ...

One thing I wish SONAR had that Mixcraft 8 gave me was the ability to record a performance on a cell VIA the performance panel ...
That feature is new to MC 8 and wasn't available in MC  7 ...

Ableton Live had that feature for a while .I was pleasantly surprised and happy when Mixcraft 8 gained that feature .

I hadn't done much video work in M C 7 ...IIRC windows media vids and AVI ? were the only two formats Mixcraft  7 recognized / supported ...
In M C 8 they opened it up a little more and gave MC 8 the ability to work and use MP4 movie files .
FWIW , I'm actually looking forward to when I start using that end of the program more

Mixcraft  8 was given the ability to do side chaining ....MC 7 didn't if my memory serves me correctly  ...

A few posts back I mentioned the way Mixcraft 8 incorporated Melodyne ..I love that I can double click an audio  track and be able to hit a tab and have my audio show up already converted in Melodyne ....

The things I have mentioned so far are the features I have messed around with so far ....
There is more I like in" theory " and I haven't gotten around to doing them,
I think S.L.I.P. did a good thing by posting the link on what the changes between MC 7 & MC 8 are

Now for the ugly ...I do hope that somebody from Acoustica takes what I am about to say very seriously

Before I say it I will concede that I may be doing something wrong ..if I am doing something wrong please correct me and tell me how to access the feature I most sorely miss that I wish  Mixcraft could do  ...OK ? 

IMHO the absolute weakest link I have discovered so far using Mixcraft is this ...

I have yet to have figured out a way as to preview Midi from my browser / Library while using a VST synth of my choice loaded on an Instrument track ...heck let alone having the ability to preview midi in the first place ...
This for me is a real hassle I do not want to have to set up a synth and then slide my midi into the time line ...
I have thousands upon thousands of midi drum loops I bought 3 rd party ....I do not have the time to sit here and preview them on my instrument track by placing them there ....

In SONAR I can have all my synths loaded in the synth rack and change them as per the preview area in the SONAR media browser ...to preview my midi files that approach is quick and painless ...
In Reaper I can have synths on multiple tracks and use the media browser to play and audition my midi files using the various synths simply by highlighting the track that has the synth I want to hear ...

No Such LOVE so far in Mixcraft 8 ....come on Acoustica ! ....get with it on that by implementing this much need Mixcraft  feature 

The option to preview Midi in Mixcraft 8 pro looks exactly like this for me over here ...notice play is greyed out and I have no option to preview my midi VIA a loaded synth .....

BTW , I have been nice , I did save the ugly until the very end

all the best ,

Kenny

2017/11/27 16:33:41
aconte22
Among the many new features in Mixcraft 8 vs 7, these are the most noticeable improvements: sidechaining / audio control, instrument preset browser word-search implementation, added VST3 / MP4 support and performance panel grid recording. Also nice improvements to the UI, and, an under the hood audio engine optimization. To see the entire list, go to the Acoustica website to the "What's New in Mixcraft 8" page. While we are always working on Mixcraft updates and new features, don't expect a new version anytime soon. I would not wait. The Cyber Monday $99 offer ends today, and we will be extending the special offer thru the holidays (details coming this week) as an exclusive offer for Sonar users.

Finally, keep in mind Acoustica is a small company. That is good and sometimes not-so-good. The good part is that because we run lean, and although we do really really need consistent revenue to keep the doors open, we do not HAVE TO come out with a new version every year for the purpose of realizing annual upgrade revenue bumps from a new version to "feed the beast" so to speak (if you know I mean). In between new versions, we periodically make new builds, fix things, add free content and VI's...! When the new version is ready we will release it, and not anytime sooner. The "not-so-good" is that while Eric and I are up here on these forums now communicating with all of you, we are multi-taskers like for real dude! I also have VP of Sales responsibilities, go to trade shows and need to prepare for my clinic at the NYSSMA later this weekend. I also work with the media, 3rd party partners, resellers, distributors and translators worldwide on daily basis. Not complaining, I absolutely love my job and the company. Just wanted you all to get a feel for how passionate we all are here at Acoustica.   

S.L.I.P.
telecharge
kennywtelejazz

New In Mixcraft 8
 https://www.acoustica.com...ixcraft-whats-new.html

2017/11/27 16:52:27
joden
cclarry
Mixcraft Pro Studio is $83.16 at JRR Shop with code GROUP
https://www.jrrshop.com/acoustica-mixcraft-pro-studio

That's as cheap as it gets.  They don't do crossgrades.
This includes Melodyne Essential too..

Thanks....hope it lasts for a few days longer as I'd like to give the demo a try first before committing....I have been considering Reaper as well, so In am a bit conflicted on which to go for hahaha!
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account