2017/11/27 19:01:39
S.L.I.P.
I'm simply blown away by the Mixcraft support team that has been following this thread. Thank you! You remind me of the good people that worked for Cakewalk. I have no doubt that Mixcraft is on the right road. Some one mentioned the cover of the boxed version of Mixcraft. While you should not judge a book by its cover, I too, if not for bitflipper's post, would have given it a look. I'm sure glad I did! Again, thank you Mixcraft team, and the wonderful people of this forum!
2017/11/27 19:20:21
kennywtelejazz
AT
Sorry Kenny, I am a newbie w/ Mixcraft and simply found I couldn't try or load the loops w/o download.  Good feature request, tho, if there isn't some way to preview loops and clips (in old P5 speak).

Look forward to seeing you on the mixcraft forum, since you know what you are talking about.  I wasn't exactly impressed by the tone on the forums.  But of course, I guess the Cakewalk forums might look the same if you don't know who to filter and who has been around and can answer questions.  

Thanks

Hi AT , you and I go back a real long time . As far as I'm concerned we are friends
I respect you and I have always enjoyed how you carry you self here on the forum ...

FWIW  I can understand why you may have thought it was to Acoustica 3 rd party loop content that I was talking about ...I had gotten thrown for a loop myself when I first got the program

What I am about to say has nothing to do with them over at their forum ...
I have been over to the Mixcraft forum ...only as a lurker ...in all honestly I am all forum ed out ...

Mixcraft is great for previewing audio ...
IMHO, Acoustica needs to step up the game a few notches when it come to the ability to preview midi ...Having a project running in real time and being able to preview Midi in sync would be a worthy update for Mixcraft 
P5 was nice for that sort of thing ...the truth is a lot of the DAW;s that I use can do that ...
SONAR , Reaper , Tracktion Waveform 8 , Logic , Garage Band , ....just to name a few ...
It has been nice talking with you
all the best ,

Kenny

2017/11/27 19:25:48
kennywtelejazz
mrbumpy409
kennywtelejazz
Hey its nice you decided to try and help me ...
The thing is in my post I am pointing to MY PICTURE THAT HAS MY MIDI MEDIA populating my folder structure not the media you have in your  PICTURE Do us both a favor right click my pic and view image ..you will see that I'm not pointing to Acoustica content , I am pointing to some 3 rd party Loop Loft Midi drum files
<snip>
Then you can come back here with a non canned answer for me  and help me solve my problem with your program..

Alright ?

Kenny

aconte22 was responding to AT's post about Mixcraft's loops not being downloaded by default (comment #121). Go easy on him :)

It is not currently possible to preview MIDI files in the Mixcraft file browser, but this is one of the features we definitely would like to add to a future version of Mixcraft. We have been taking the feedback in this thread very seriously, and as a former Cakewalk/SONAR user myself (I cut my teeth on Cakewalk back in the mid '90s), I already have some of the suggested features on my list of proposals for Mixcraft 9.

Mixcraft has been growing by leaps and bounds, and all of us at Acoustica would like our next bound to contain all of the features most important to you, the musicians.

S. Christian Collins
Sound Designer
Acoustica, Inc.

Well thank you for posting mrbumpy409
You made your point I respect it  ,
thank you
Kenny
2017/11/27 19:27:37
kennywtelejazz
aceric
Just to let you fine Sonar users know, our team is reading these forums and we're open to adding features you are suggesting in a future Mixcraft update.

Hey Eric , I like your videos , you play a mean Metal Guitar ...

Kenny
2017/11/27 19:45:27
JonD
aconte22

Not sure how long the JRR deal for $83 will last.  I suspect at least until end of day today. The $99 offer will be available to the public direct from Acoustica thru tomorrow (Tuesday) midnight. We plan to extend the $99 offer as an exclusive offer for Sonar users thru the holidays.  More details forthcoming later this week.

Just thought I'd bump this, since I almost missed it myself, and it's rather important.
2017/11/27 20:21:46
telecharge
Does Mixcraft have a feature similar to SONAR's Mix Recall, Cubase's MixConsole History, or Studio One's Undo History? I'm sure it has multiple undo, but curious if there's anything deeper.
2017/11/27 20:23:56
ibediggin
thank you guys
2017/11/27 20:25:32
telecharge
aceric
Just to let you fine Sonar users know, our team is reading these forums and we're open to adding features you are suggesting in a future Mixcraft update.

Many SONAR users will miss TTS-1. Maybe one of you Acoustica guys can explain how Mixcraft's GM instruments might be used in its place.
2017/11/27 20:36:56
Mosvalve
bitflipper
Johannes H
I can minimize the mixer so it disappears from the screen, so I just have track view.

Well, that's certainly an acceptable alternative if the mixer can't be moved. At least it is for me, since I so rarely use the console view. How about the PRV? Can it be moved?

You can move the console to another screen. It does detach
2017/11/27 20:47:11
mrbumpy409
telecharge
Many SONAR users will miss TTS-1. Maybe one of you Acoustica guys can explain how Mixcraft's GM instruments might be used in its place.

The "Acoustica Instruments" VSTi is a complete GM sound bank (actually GS) + a bunch of additional instruments as well.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account