2017/11/27 20:52:43
telecharge
mrbumpy409
telecharge
Many SONAR users will miss TTS-1. Maybe one of you Acoustica guys can explain how Mixcraft's GM instruments might be used in its place.

The "Acoustica Instruments" VSTi is a complete GM sound bank (actually GS) + a bunch of additional instruments as well.

I know, but does it offer the same level of control as TTS-1? Some users will be put off or confused with no GUI (unless it's been added in v8).
2017/11/27 21:05:15
ZincTrumpet
Just a thought : I wonder if Anderton's solution for getting TTS-1 working in Studio One would also work in Mixcraft? I am on my phone at the moment so can't easily post the link.
2017/11/27 21:12:26
ZincTrumpet
2017/11/27 21:38:26
kitekrazy1
Mixcraft needs a customizable media browser like the other DAWs. I've posted it on their forum with screenshots. 
2017/11/27 21:49:29
mrbumpy409
telecharge
mrbumpy409
The "Acoustica Instruments" VSTi is a complete GM sound bank (actually GS) + a bunch of additional instruments as well.

I know, but does it offer the same level of control as TTS-1? Some users will be put off or confused with no GUI (unless it's been added in v8).

TTS-1 is a traditional 16-channel MIDI synth where you have to set the presets for each channel and then route MIDI tracks to it. Acoustica Instruments functions a bit differently in that you load a separate instance of the plugin to each instrument track. However, Acoustica Instruments (as well as "Acoustica Expanded Instruments" and "Acoustica Studio Drums") uses a shared memory architecture, so there is no extra memory used by having multiple instances of these plugins.

The volume and pan controls can then just be adjusted in the track or mixer views rather than having to open a plugin GUI to balance everything. The reverb and chorus is done by setting CC91 and CC93 respectively (in the piano roll). This is a little clunkier than TTS-1's GUI method, but generally you will probably want to be mixing with high quality standalone reverb and chorus plugins anyway.

The main advantage that TTS-1 has over Acoustica Instruments is that TTS-1 can tweak the instrument's behavior via the "Edit" button.

I hope this answers your questions.

S. Christian Collins
Sound Designer
Acoustica, Inc.
2017/11/27 21:56:39
soens
aceric
soens
Dual screen capability has become a must. Sad that some of these alts don't allow it.

What does Mixcraft not allow as far as multiple screens? I am running dual right now, have been for 4 years.

Sorry. Generalized comment not necessarily meant for this application.
2017/11/27 22:07:48
soens
Mosvalve
bitflipper
Johannes H
I can minimize the mixer so it disappears from the screen, so I just have track view.

Well, that's certainly an acceptable alternative if the mixer can't be moved. At least it is for me, since I so rarely use the console view. How about the PRV? Can it be moved?

You can move the console to another screen. It does detach

PRV, Mixer and other views seem to be locked in the "Dock", but the whole thing can float outside the main Track view window.
2017/11/27 22:55:28
AT
A question of a different color for Mixcraft on the video side.  I've got a sports camera that saves in MOV.  My old Vegas 7 doesn't open Mov.  Vegas 14 will open them, but won't open itself now and gets hung up on VSTs.  So I need something simple to re-format.  Anybody use anything cheap and SAFE for that jb.  I'd rather pay a few bucks than have spam or such.  I will get Vegas 14 rolling, but in the meanwhile I have some good motorcycle footage.
2017/11/27 23:32:15
soens
Cool feature: Changing the "key" value and BPM in the transport screen works while song is playing.
2017/11/28 00:16:49
pbognar
soens
Cool feature: Changing the "key" value and BPM in the transport screen works while song is playing.

It looks like the markers list can be used to change the Key, Tempo, and even the Time Signature at give points in the project.

https://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/v7/help/mixcraft-marker-list.html

While this isn't a chord track, it appears that makers can transpose audio loops if there is a key change specified.  I'm not certain, but I believe MIDI clips also have a key associated with them, and these might also be transposed.

I'm basing this on the manual, as I have not tried this with any demo I had in the past.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account