2017/11/30 14:59:19
bitflipper
Just goes to show it's not about the tools, but rather the skill of the craftsman.

Dagnabit, if you could just edit all those MIDI tracks in one window, I'd be onboard with Mixcraft in a minute.
2017/11/30 15:20:42
JohnEgan
synkrotron
S.L.I.P.
bitflipper
As I poke around I find myself missing little conveniences from SONAR, such as being able to copy effects from one track to another by ctl-dragging. Not showstoppers, just a reminder of what 30 years of steady improvement gets you.

I think you just drag the fx from one bin into another bin, and it copies it. Not sure. I saw a video on youtube this afternoon, and that's what it looked like.

Just tried that and it doesn't work, and you can't press ctrl or do any kind of copy/paste stuff. So perhaps this could be a feature request...

Hey, try using the alt key instead of ctrl key, to copy and paste FX, although says ctrl key in manual.
Also I can drag and drop midi and audio track/clips from Sonar directly in to Mixcraft, move right into track control panel, also retains your track names.
Sorry actually both work, but you have drop right in the little FX box in track view, easier in console view 
2017/11/30 16:53:04
Starise
Hey Kenny,

I'm at work so I can't listen much right now. I really appreciate all of the tips you gave for video. I downloaded a few video loops that should fill out my last 3 minute song well. The main problem I'm having so far is many of the online videos are MOV format. The site that advertise free loops are usually only leaders. The truly free video is usually crap but I did manage to get some decent drone video over a wheat field and as soon as I get some time I'm going to upload it with a song. 

You have done some wonderful work on video before. Hey can you post the Hitler one you made again. It had me rollin' LOL!!
2017/11/30 17:02:55
Starise
OH I forgot to answer your questions Kenny. It only took me maybe 15 minutes to play that part and maybe 30 minutes to adjust it and mix it down. I played it maybe three times and then recorded it. I composed it as I played it. Mostly as a test using Pianissimo which I like. The strings were also done fast, but I thought it was good enough to use as an example of how fast I was able to run off a few tracks in a daw I had never seen before. It really is easy to one off tracks all day long in Mixcraft.

I haven't looked into the midi editing yet. Probably my next move. Too much quantization makes it all sound mechanical.

I have said before I didn't want to spend time I don't have learning a new DAW. The best case is to pick up the main functions and slowly absorb the rest over time as I need something.

2017/12/01 16:30:51
Starise
Kenny- Thanks for sharing that demo.

I put a video together last night in about an hour in Mixcraft. I have no real experience in video editing so this was really basic. It works plenty good enough to put something together for your music on Youtube. That's all I really wanted. 

Remember Windows Movie Maker isn't included with windows 10. You can still get it for free to use with Win 10 online, or at least you could the last time I checked. Windows movie maker comes up short if you're mixing audio in multi channels or adding FX. This is what makes Mixcraft 8 attractive for basic video work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPSQr8bBSjM

2017/12/01 17:27:56
riojazz
I like the Mixcraft program and the app is nice.  I can't make the Behringer X-Touch work, though.

EDIT: SOLVED!  When using the Behringer X-Touch, select "Logic Control" not "Mackie Control" in the pull-down for your Preferences, Control Surface.  I found this by viewing the video about Mackie Control Surfaces; it said older versions required this, so I tried it on the X-Touch.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I cannot make work, in the demo, is the Behringer X-Touch Control Surface.  Is the demo crippled?  I've tried setting the X-Touch up as per the manual as a generic Mackie Control Surface, but nothing works / saves.  When I start the program, the X-Touch initializes the faders, so I know something is being recogized, but no transport buttons work or can be programmed.

If anyone here has Mixcraft, does the X-Touch work?  If not, that's a deal-breaker.

EDIT: I visited the Mixcraft forum.  Apparently, the X-Touch can work.  It's just that the utility in the demo to make the assignments does not work.?

Thanks.
2017/12/02 04:48:18
ampfixer
My new fav. feature. When you arm a track for recording an audio input the track has a chromatic tuner built in. When you turn it on, the track level meter turns into the tuner display. How cool is that?!
2017/12/02 17:06:10
riojazz
That is cool.  Hadn't noticed but I'll look for it.  Thanks for the tip.

I'm waiting for the new price offer on Tuesday; my trial will be about up.
2017/12/02 18:43:05
kennywtelejazz
Hi Starise ,

You are moving along rather nicely there w your video .
Working w video can be a whole other form of creative expression
Keep at it my friend .

I used to carry a Zoom Q3 w me all the time . Here is a bunch of footage of scenes I filmed when I was hanging around w 3 horses . I  put them together as a little video w music ..(did this 4 years ago pre Mixcraft )

People have told me they like the trailer music the best .....that was the only part of the music I didn't compose
The rest of the music after the trailer is music  I came up with mostly on my own and mixed it with some orchestral loops..

all the best,

Kenny
2017/12/03 14:51:07
soens
ampfixer
My new fav. feature. When you arm a track for recording an audio input the track has a chromatic tuner built in. When you turn it on, the track level meter turns into the tuner display. How cool is that?!

Click the tuning fork on the left for this to work.

Some other things: 
1. You can have several instances of Mixcraft open at once.

2. It uses .ogg, .FLAC, & .wav format

3. Fortunately you can drag wav files into a track like Sonar. Unfortunately you can't drag any tracks out of it. You have to Mix Down tracks if you need them outside the app, which I do at times.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account