2017/11/22 21:09:23
synkrotron
Johannes H
Yes it has busses and sends, works fine.

Thanks, I mustn't have looked hard enough.
2017/11/22 21:20:21
Bajan Blue
I spend much more time in SONAR's Track View than its Console View ("Mixer" in Mixcraft-parlance). If I use the console at all it'll be in my second monitor, because vertical space (number of visible tracks) is more important to me than horizontal space (number of visible mixer channels). So my question is: can the Mixer be undocked and slid over to a second screen?

Hi Bit
That's a very valid question and one that is very important to me also.
Hopefully their answers is YES!!
Nigel

2017/11/22 21:31:49
Johannes H
I can minimize the mixer so it disappears from the screan, so I just have track view.
2017/11/22 21:53:31
bitflipper
Johannes H
I can minimize the mixer so it disappears from the screen, so I just have track view.

Well, that's certainly an acceptable alternative if the mixer can't be moved. At least it is for me, since I so rarely use the console view. How about the PRV? Can it be moved?
2017/11/22 21:55:15
Johannes H
The PRV can be moved and minimized like the mixer.
2017/11/22 22:40:38
S.L.I.P.
Yes, the mixer can be unlocked. Version 8 also has MP4 import for video editing. Melodyne integration looks very good. Version 8 also has fx bins like Sonar on each track, and there is now a light, and dark theme. This looks like a viable alternative when Sonar no longer works on my PC.

https://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/
2017/11/22 22:46:12
bitflipper
There answer is YES, you can float the mixer and PRV windows.

(Sorry for the post collision; I was running the Mixcraft demo while you guys were answering.)

The problem is that the mixer and PRV share a common parent window. So yes, you can float them but you cannot have both visible at the same time. Not a showstopper.

2017/11/22 23:01:05
S.L.I.P.
I like that when double click a audio track, it shows a built in waveform editor, and a button next to the wavform editor that you click to have Melodyne analyze the audio. Also in Version 8 they have added quick grouping, and an export to stems feature. And they have a lot of videos in Mixcraft University.

https://www.acoustica.com...lp/video-tutorials.htm
2017/11/22 23:24:13
bitflipper
As I poke around I find myself missing little conveniences from SONAR, such as being able to copy effects from one track to another by ctl-dragging. Not showstoppers, just a reminder of what 30 years of steady improvement gets you.
2017/11/23 00:14:33
ampfixer
Thanks for starting this thread Bit. If I have to change DAW's I'd rather support a small focused company than another one with its fingers in everything. I'm going to give Mixcraft a look.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account