2017/11/23 07:52:43
synkrotron
I've got so far with my Mixcraft test project and I have had to stop...

What is a killer for me is I need to be able to send audio from an effects buss to another effects buss and, for the life of me, I can't seem to be able to do this.

If anyone could show me how to achieve this I would be grateful

cheers

andy
2017/11/23 07:56:32
covecamper1962
synkrotron
S.L.I.P.
bitflipper
As I poke around I find myself missing little conveniences from SONAR, such as being able to copy effects from one track to another by ctl-dragging. Not showstoppers, just a reminder of what 30 years of steady improvement gets you.

I think you just drag the fx from one bin into another bin, and it copies it. Not sure. I saw a video on youtube this afternoon, and that's what it looked like.

Just tried that and it doesn't work, and you can't press ctrl or do any kind of copy/paste stuff. So perhaps this could be a feature request...

I believe you use just the alt key. I'm not at my DAW right now so can not try.

Check out this Mixcraft forum page. Sixth post down.

-"http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18343&p=109618&hilit=copying+effects#p109618"

I can not paste URL's due to post count, so everything in the parentheses

2017/11/23 08:03:18
synkrotron
covecamper1962
synkrotron
S.L.I.P.
bitflipper
As I poke around I find myself missing little conveniences from SONAR, such as being able to copy effects from one track to another by ctl-dragging. Not showstoppers, just a reminder of what 30 years of steady improvement gets you.

I think you just drag the fx from one bin into another bin, and it copies it. Not sure. I saw a video on youtube this afternoon, and that's what it looked like.

Just tried that and it doesn't work, and you can't press ctrl or do any kind of copy/paste stuff. So perhaps this could be a feature request...

-"http://forums.acoustica.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=18343&p=109618&hilit=copying+effects#p109618"

Thank you, William.

Yes, that does work.

A bit counter intuitive, though, considering that most all other Windows software uses the CTRL for drag/copy actions.

cheers

andy
2017/11/23 09:27:17
jrb101
synkrotron
covecamper1962
synkrotron
S.L.I.P.
bitflipper

Thank you, William.

Yes, that does work.

A bit counter intuitive, though, considering that most all other Windows software uses the CTRL for drag/copy actions.

cheers

andy

Yeah, in Mixcraft "Alt" tends to work as "CTRL" does in pretty much everything else when it comes to copying things (e.g. effects or midi/audio clips)... I use Mixcraft quite a lot, and whilst it is definitely not as powerful as SONAR is (/was I guess?!) in some areas, it's really quick to learn. The only other DAW I've found that is as fast to get going recording with is S1.

They have included quite a lot of plugins - some are free ones that could be grabbed elsewhere, but they've done a good job of integrating them and compiling effects chains using them. You can also create multi-instruments very easily on a single track, which is something that can be tricky in some DAWs, or you can do the usual routing of midi data from track to track. One feature that I've not seen elsewhere is the ability to use an audio signal from a track to modulate control parameters on another track (not just compressor side-chaining), so you could use the pulse from a kick drum to change the resonance of a synth for some interesting effects for example.

It's definitely worth a look for $99!
2017/11/23 10:00:52
ZincTrumpet
Thanks bit and other contributors.

I remember trying Mixcraft a while back when it was maybe version 5 and thinking it was a bit light on features compared to Sonar. It sounds like it has come on quite a bit since then!

One thing I use a lot in Sonar is Aux tracks (which Studio One Pro also does not have). Does Mixcraft have them or something similar?
2017/11/23 11:47:37
covecamper1962
ZincTrumpet
Thanks bit and other contributors.

I remember trying Mixcraft a while back when it was maybe version 5 and thinking it was a bit light on features compared to Sonar. It sounds like it has come on quite a bit since then!

One thing I use a lot in Sonar is Aux tracks (which Studio One Pro also does not have). Does Mixcraft have them or something similar?

What is your definition of an aux track?

Here is a list of tracks in Mixcraft. This is straight from the manual.

TRACK TYPES
Here’s a brief summary of Mixcraft’s track types and their basic functionality, followed by an in-depth explanation of each.

Audio -Record audio or remix loops.
Virtual Instrument/MIDI-Edit or record MIDI data.
Video - Add and edit video files or still images.
Video Text Track - Add and edit video static and scrolling text to videos.
Master - Shape the master volume and effects - this is where effects are inserted into the main output bus.
Send - Share effects between multiple tracks.
Output - Additional output busses in addition to the Master Track. These are used to route audio to physical 
              outputs with multiple-out audio hardware.
Rewire - Controls a third-party Rewire application.
Instrument Mix - Mix additional audio channels from virtual instruments with multiple output busses; this is 
                        automatically created when a virtual instrument with multiple output channel is added.

Here is a link to the PDF manual for Mixcraft if anybody is interested.Track Types and Controls starts on page 32.

"https://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/mixcraft_8_help.pdf"
2017/11/23 12:07:54
covecamper1962
cclarry
https://www.acoustica.com...ft/mixcraft_8_help.pdf

Thanks Larry. Gotta get my post count up.
2017/11/23 12:10:20
ZincTrumpet
Dup 1
2017/11/23 12:12:30
ZincTrumpet
Dup 2
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account