2017/11/23 18:02:37
dwardzala
One question I have, does Mixcraft support MCU - doesn't look like it from the control surface tutorial, but if someone has some definitive info, that would be great.
2017/11/23 19:05:31
covecamper1962
dwardzala
One question I have, does Mixcraft support MCU - doesn't look like it from the control surface tutorial, but if someone has some definitive info, that would be great.

Yes, I have a MCU Pro. All the basic functions work. No plugin control just the basics( encoders only work for Pan). Jog wheel , zoom buttons, bank buttons all work. The cycle button flips the loop function on and off etc. The function buttons F1 through F8 do nothing. Hope this helps Dave.
2017/11/23 21:24:18
dwardzala
covecamper1962
dwardzala

Yes, I have a MCU Pro. All the basic functions work. No plugin control just the basics( encoders only work for Pan). Jog wheel , zoom buttons, bank buttons all work. The cycle button flips the loop function on and off etc. The function buttons F1 through F8 do nothing. Hope this helps Dave.

Thanks.  I was asking specifically for Behringer X-Touch.  Did you have to midi learn or program each button/knob, etc. or did it just default to a function?
2017/11/23 22:55:45
covecamper1962
dwardzala
covecamper1962
dwardzala

Thanks.  I was asking specifically for Behringer X-Touch.  Did you have to midi learn or program each button/knob, etc. or did it just default to a function?

Sorry, I thought you were talking about a Mackie. The Mackie protocol is programmed into Mixcraft and everything is default . If I'm correct, the X-Touch is basically just like the Mackie so everything should be the same, no midi learn or programming. Although Mixcraft does have a midi learn function for midi controllers also. I use a Novation Launchcontrol for most everything else the Mackie does not do.
2017/11/23 23:34:17
dwardzala
covecamper1962

Sorry, I thought you were talking about a Mackie. The Mackie protocol is programmed into Mixcraft and everything is default . If I'm correct, the X-Touch is basically just like the Mackie so everything should be the same, no midi learn or programming. Although Mixcraft does have a midi learn function for midi controllers also. I use a Novation Launchcontrol for most everything else the Mackie does not do.

No problem, you answered the question as I asked it.  Good to know the Mackie protocol is programmed in.  I may try the demo since it looks like Melodyne is integrated.
2017/11/24 04:48:59
h3kke
I'm picking up the Mixcraft Pro 8 right now.  

I read online you can copy effects between tracks by using alt + shift and dragging.
2017/11/24 04:49:31
h3kke
Also there's a 30 day money-back guarantee if you don't like it, so zero risk.

2017/11/24 05:06:58
hbarton
rlared
I'm picking up the Mixcraft Pro 8 right now.  

I read online you can copy effects between tracks by using alt + shift and dragging.

Just a note, you can do this across one or multiple tracks in Studio One - NO alt-shift needed - just select the destination tracks and drag and drop the effect(s) from any another track. By the way, in the SO console, you can turn on/off all effects on any channel and there is button to toggle effects on or off across all channels.

Take care,

h

2017/11/24 07:39:43
h3kke
That's cool, not particularly relevant to the thread but cool nonetheless :)

I tried out Mixcraft 8 Pro for a few hours and it definitely has its plus-sides.  Ultimately it wasn't for me and I requested a refund but I would still suggest others give it a look!
2017/11/24 11:23:25
cclarry
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account