• Software
  • Totally "underwhelmed" by MIDI in both Reaper and Mixcraft! (p.2)
2017/12/05 23:07:02
Skyline_UK
I had Reaper for a two or three years and kept going back to it, convinced it MUST be good.  But I gave up in the end as it was just too clunky and convoluted. It seemed to me that almost every function was subject to user parameters and choices, as if the way they responded to multiple user requests was to make everything variable. I just couldn't cope with hacking through the forest of these.  Ah well, it just goes to show how personal preferences play a big role in choosing a DAW!

I'm currently trialling Cubase but that has 'baubles on the old Christmas tree' aspects as well. It's too expensive also. Studio One is ok and I have used it on and off for some years now.  I'm going to try the Mixcraft demo tomorrow.

The sad thing is that nothing compares to Sonar's sheer elegance.

2017/12/06 16:22:04
ooblecaboodle
Skyline_UK
The sad thing is that nothing compares to Sonar's sheer elegance.

Sigh, I wish Merging would take Sonar's MIDI editing side and add it to Pyramix. I really like Sonar's MIDI. 

2017/12/06 18:59:56
mudgel
Have you checked out the price of Pyramix?
2017/12/06 19:08:57
ccm
Cubase excels with the most robust midi features of any of the daws I've used. It's not Sonar, doesn't work the same but since you already know midi  basics it shouldn't be that difficult to learn.
2017/12/06 19:12:09
Starise
Is Cubase the only other deep midi daw out there? 

Were Sonar and Cubase the only two?
2017/12/07 04:46:12
abacab
Starise
Is Cubase the only other deep midi daw out there? 

Were Sonar and Cubase the only two?

I would add Logic, but that is now Mac only.  It also started out as a MIDI sequencer, so it has heritage as well...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account