• Software
  • ARTURIA V Collection 5 owners .. Updates available, go get. Also VC 6 is out!
2017/12/05 22:44:28
aidanodr
Hi Guys,

Launch your ARTURIA SOFTWARE CENTRE. Most of the instruments, pretty much all have updates available as of today it seems.

Also ARTURIA have released V COLLECTION 6 with new instruments added:

https://www.arturia.com/v-collection/details

2017/12/06 11:19:50
Jeff Evans
Thanks for that.  They often don't tell you when there are updates.  It is really up to you to check. 
My Arturia Software Centre tried updating itself but got caught in some sort of feedback loop. Downloaded, attempted to install then started downloaded again. Went round and round. 

Easy to fix though. If this happens just download the latest version of the Software Centre from the website direct and install it right over the existing one.  It will work fine then.

2017/12/06 14:42:17
pwalpwal
my asc updated itself on launch, i just clicked the install for v5, which has also triggered v3 to update analog lab, let's see what happens...
2017/12/06 15:26:46
subtlearts
Uploading everything now. V6 looks pretty good - was wondering when they would get around to the Fairlight, the Buchla is a nice surprise, the Clav kind of makes sense to round out the electromechanical field, and the DX7... well, I never loved it the first time around and I feel like FM has gone further than that since then, but I guess it qualifies as a vintage synth now, so why not? But I don't find their upgrade offer very compelling - €199 from V5? Seriously? I won't be jumping on that until there's a pretty serious sale, especially since the Analog Lab 3 freebie lets me check out the presets already. I've got enough to play with until they make me a better offer!

I wonder if Arturia would like to buy Cakewalk? Just a thought... ;)
2017/12/06 15:30:28
pwalpwal
i'm gonna wait for a sale upgrade price, i have way too many vstis to keep up with already!

(and asc seems to be happily updating v5 ok)
2017/12/06 15:34:46
raisindot
If you already have Arturia V (like I do, purchased it six months ago) are there new updated to the legacy programs? It look so darn long for them to download the last time that if they're not hugely improved I'd rather pass. 

I'm not all that interested in V6. I've got Clav-type emulations from other plug ins. I was never a huge D7 fan. I don't know much about the Fairlight, but I don't see it as a huge need. And I know nothing about the Buchia, but given that V 5 has just about every analog model I could wish for, plus all the other legacy Sonar and other synth programs I never use, this one isn't a "must have" for me.  
2017/12/06 15:37:53
pwalpwal
for me, v5 seems to be updating all the instruments, but v3 got an analog lab update only
2017/12/06 16:06:22
pwalpwal
updating v5 finished without issue :)
2017/12/06 17:45:39
aidanodr
Yip ... Pretty much all instruments in V5 have got a major update + you get Analog Lab 3 FOR FREE 

The ONE improvement I am looking for is that the VSTi GUIs / Synth Interfaces load faster once added to a track. They used to add fast to a track BUT when you clicked the icon to open the actual instrument window, thats what took a while for me ( first time )

2017/12/06 21:56:17
Glyn Barnes
They wanted 199 euros for me to update from 5 to 6. More than I am willing to pay at the moment but the free update for Analog Lab is excellent and give me access to sounds from the new additions, and they are excellent, particularly the Buchla.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account