2017/12/07 02:45:32
worms
Hey all,
I'm new to the home studio thing. I have the Sonar LE base software ( and yes, i realize I need to upgrade ) whats the best version to upgrade to? Cost vs value? Best bundle of Effects vs money spent... I dont wanna go deluxe package and never use alot of features. Just a simple home studio in my spare time, but i want a good vocal, and solid mix at the end of the day.

Thx
2017/12/07 03:11:22
You can't upgrade any Cakewalk products, if you don't know Cakewalk is DEAD and it warms the cockles of my heart to have to tell you this, but it and all it's products are dead in the water, I repeat, Cakewalk is DEAD , look elsewhere young man.

2017/12/07 04:08:19
worms
Ok, thanks for that... and I'm 43. So I'm far from a young man. So all these artist, professional, home studio editions that are shown on the site are not available? Is that what your tell me Mr landslide? I'm not making radio releases here, I'm just looking for descent software.

But thanks for that abrupt reply...
2017/12/07 04:11:56
scook
see http://www.cakewalk.com/
Cakewalk shut down their store about a week ago
2017/12/07 04:16:40
worms

Mr landslide?

That would be Mrs Landslide to you young man and you are welcome, very happy to be the one to inform you of the events
2017/12/07 04:28:14
worms
Ha ha... either way.
And your quite a smugg thing aren't you. I suppose your a custom to young simple minds in these forums. Mr/ Mrs whatever your gender, your a bit obnoxious with your replies. Which seems to be a trend, as I look at other posts of yours. Nevertheless, you informed me of the discontinued software.
Enjoy your forum surf'n... I'm sure you'll find plenty of kids to intimidate and impress.
2017/12/07 04:30:45
Oh look now you've made me blush, I do try my best, enjoy your day, and thank you again.
2017/12/07 05:11:58
35mm
Well, this is an odd and kind of amusing thread. Worms, we're all a bit pis*ed off at the moment because the company that made our favorite daw for 30 years has just been shut down by Gibson and our DAW is no more. It's an ex DAW. It's pushing up the daisies etc. Don't take it personally. Matron's suggestion that you look for another DAW software is a sensible one. Cakewalk is dead and this forum is a funeral of emotional people blowing snot into the handkerchief of audio production.
2017/12/07 14:53:50
BassDaddy
I picked up on no smugness or anything even close to obnoxious in The Matron's response. Also at 43 you just aren't old enough to know how young you are.
2017/12/07 15:11:58
user4325874
You might take up the Presonus One crossgrade offer for Cakewalk customers. 

https://www.jrrshop.com/presonus-studio-one-professional-crossgrade-v3

(discount in cart)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account