2013/09/11 04:34:44
jsg
I have Sonar X2a running with 9 VSTs--all running flawlessly, including synths and samplers from Native Instruments, Tera from Virsyn, and Ozone 5 from Izotope.  System very stable for several months now, many hours of use each day. 

I installed the 64-bit Z3TA-2.1 plugin, but it's crashing as a plug-in in Sonar.  It crashes when I am playing back, when I am loading or browsing through files.  I have to pull Sonar out of the process in Task Manager and wait until it clears, it can be some minutes, before I can open Sonar again.

I'm running this on Windows 7, sp 1, 64-bit, 16GB of RAM, MOTU sound card and MOTU midi interface.  No other problems with MIDI, audio recording or editing, or, as I said, VSTs. 

I really want to run this program as it has some great patches and looks interesting to program.  Any help is much appreciated.

I've contacted support and sent them the Reliability Monitor report and the Event Viewer data regarding the crashes. 

Thanks,
Jerry Gerber
www.jerrygerber.com

2013/09/11 15:39:37
Brando
Hi Jerry -
Are you running the 64 bit version in SONAR x64? Z3TA 2.1 is very solid here - no issues whatsoever. When you are crashing is it always with Z3TA in an existing project - could it be CPU related? (Try it in a project by itself to see whether or not this is the case?)
2013/09/11 16:17:15
jsg
Hi Brando,

I think I have it resolved, yeah, everything is 64 bit, the OS, Sonar, Z3TA 2.1.
I reset my plugins and rescanned and that seemed to do the trick..

2013/09/11 20:51:06
jsg
Well, still crashing after a reinstall. I also don't get how to change banks with Z3TA-2.  It doesn't respond to bank changes in Sonar X2a. Patch changes fine, but not banks.  Does someone know how to do this?

I am now doing some Win7 updates, perhaps that will stabilize Z3TA-2.  This is weird, because every 3rd party VST I have works great, all 64-bit, except one with a bridge, and even that one works fine.  The only VSTs I am having some issues with are made by Cakwalk! 

Jerry
www.jerrygerber.com

2013/09/20 21:34:49
jsg
I've found that the 64-bit VST of Z3TA-2.1 crashes Sonar.  My OS and Sonar X2a are 64-bit.  But when I load the 32-bit version of same, it does not crash.  

Since a 32-bit VST can use up to 4GB (well, probably a little less) I'll keep running that.  One instance of Z3TA-2.1 doesn't use anything close to even 1 GB, so as long as SonarX2a can access more than 4 GB, that should be enough.

I've reported this to CW and even sent them a dumpfile.  They suggested deleting my aud.ini files, and resetting my audio settings, which I did.  I also tried many other things including reinstalling, changing some Windows settings, and some Sonar audio configuration settings.  I cannot get the 64-bit VST version of Z3TA-2.1 to stop crashing.  I am running 9 other VSTS, mostly 64-bit and many 3rd-party plug-ins, but none of them crash.   Weird...

Jerry
www.jerrygerber.com
2013/09/22 01:42:45
Living Room Rocker
Hi Jerry,

Check out my post (No. 4) in this thread:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Cakewalk-plugins-crash-X2-m2890092.aspx

I am almost certain that x32bit and x64bit versions of the same plug-ins are 'confusing' SONAR, so to speak.  It's worth checking your registry by doing a search for "Z3ta+ 2".

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker
2013/09/22 02:48:29
jsg
Living Room Rocker
Hi Jerry,

Check out my post (No. 4) in this thread:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Cakewalk-plugins-crash-X2-m2890092.aspx

I am almost certain that x32bit and x64bit versions of the same plug-ins are 'confusing' SONAR, so to speak.  It's worth checking your registry by doing a search for "Z3ta+ 2".

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

Thank you for the suggestion, but I when I installed Z3TA-2.1 the 2nd time, I went into the registry and removed ALL references to Z3TA: 64, 32, the one that came with Sonar, the 2.1 version--all of them.  Tech support told me which keys to remove and I did.  Then I did a fresh install of the 64-bit version of the plugin.  Still crashing.  32 runs fine, but the 32-bit plugin doesn't dock in Sonar.  Also in X2a, Sonar will not recognize a plugin in the plugin manager if both 32 and 64 dll files are in their respective folders.  So, I don't think Sonar is confused, at least not about that.  Something else is going on and I will keep researching it until I find it.  I made a few basic audio tweaks in Window, such as turning off disc indexing, setting the page file so it doesn't expand or shrink, basic stuff that all DAW manufacturers recommend.  I doubt those changes would impact Z3TA and nothing else...

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account