2013/09/12 23:45:40
Couch_King
Are there any moderators or  Cakewalk representatives that even surf this forum? This company has by far the worst customer service I've ever experienced. I've emailed them, called them, posted on their forums, and I'm getting 0 help whatsoever. I'm really regretting purchasing anything from them right now. What a waste of my time and money. 
2013/09/13 01:08:43
AT
Is this about registering your Z3TA+2? 
2013/09/13 01:26:36
Couch_King
It's not about registering the product, the installer accepts the serial they gave me, it's just that it won't work on a system that's supposedly supported (and fairly new). It's just frustrating that I've been trying to contact them for weeks without so much as a response (other than the automated "we've received your email.")
2013/09/13 09:22:13
scook
Couch_King
 I've emailed them, called them, posted on their forums, and I'm getting 0 help whatsoever.

What did they say when you called?
2013/09/13 11:32:58
AT
There is a serial number you get w/ the product and a registration # when you register your serial number (so Cake can keep track of their product).  But I suppose you have done that.

One thing that might be the problem is the release of a new SONAR (most likely or new synth).  Several times over the years there have been support complaints just before release a of a major new product. The bakers are busy.  Bad luck for you, tho SONAR users will likely be pleased.

So hold on.  Hopefully you are in the que and be at the top when the bakers have time.

@
2013/09/22 02:04:53
Living Room Rocker
Are you trying to use Z3ta by itself (standalone).  Z3ta needs a host.  I am just saying this because I have no idea how you are trying to use Z3ta or if you are familiar with virtual instruments.  (No offense)

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker
2013/09/22 18:57:18
Kev999
Living Room Rocker
Are you trying to use Z3ta by itself (standalone).  Z3ta needs a host...

[EDIT: what I typed earlier was irrelevant, sorry]

Z3ta+2 works as standalone too.
2013/09/30 17:04:55
Couch_King
After almost a month of going back and forth with the support team, we were able to figure out the problem. It turns out that my entire VST3 directory, had become corrupt.

After multiple clean installs, re-downloading the installer, re-scanning my plugins, and deleting the caches and preferences at least a dozen times, even the support team was scratching their heads. After moving my VST3 directory (with ALL plugin files, not just Z3ta+ 2), copying the Z3ta+ 2 VST3 file from my laptop (which was functioning properly) on to my desktop machine, and recreating the VST3 directory, the plugin validated and now functions properly.

I would have never noticed that this directory had become corrupt, because the host software(s) I use only use AU format plugins. Z3ta+ is the only plugin that uses a VST wrapper, instead of installing a separate instance of the application in AU format. All of my other plugins were functional (450+ of them).

My apologies to Cakewalk for any outbursts on these forums. I was beside myself with frustration, and unaware of the DAW launch in progress.
2013/09/30 17:43:15
AT
Glad you're all fixed now, Couch.

@
2013/09/30 17:59:03
Couch_King
Thanks, me too. I'm glad I'll finally be able to add this synth to my music productions.

Cheers
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account