2017/12/06 21:33:24
abacab
michael diemer

Thanks, I'll try the demo. One potential issue: if it has no audio tracks, does this mean no mixing down the midi to export as a wave file? I'm assuming it must do this. Otherwise, you have to be content with the sound you can get in Overture, which has to be inferior to what a DAW can produce.

Overture is designed to import/export MIDI or MusicXML files.  When you are finished creating or editing your MIDI composition, you can export it to your DAW for mixdown.

The advantage to using something like Overture with VST support is that, if you have the same virtual instrument VST plugins setup for use in Overture and your DAW, you can use the same multi with your plugin in both applications and get the same sound.

For example I can create a multi in SampleTank 3 that has the instruments that I want.  Then I can assign the tracks/channels in Overture to the respective instrument tracks in ST3 the way I want them.

If I export the MIDI from Overture and open it in Sonar, I can insert ST3 again with the same multi.  That gives me the same instruments I used on the same tracks that I used them for in Overture.  On the other end after a mixdown to audio in Sonar at 44.1/16 the song sounds the same as the original MIDI/VST performance did in overture. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account