• Software
  • FREE/Almost Free Daws for those feeling left out or no $$$ to spend ! (p.2)
2017/12/05 02:43:30
GregRband
clintmartin
Tracktion 6 is the one I always recommend to friends. It is the full version, and can give anyone interested in Waveform a good idea of what to expect.

Exactly the point of my post here! To enlighten people that may not be aware of such things available out there!
Thanks for input!
2017/12/05 03:33:47
dubdisciple
GregRband
stickman393
Reaper is not free. $60 

Right, I changed the wording in post to reflect that. I thought demo was endless, but it’s changed over the years apparently.

The demo is still endless. It's a matter of honor
2017/12/05 03:58:57
dubdisciple
Even though studio one prime is indeed a reduced version, unlike many lite versions, the engine is identical amd workflow for main components almost identical. The project files are even interchangeable. Plugs not available in prime are simply greyed out but present in case you jump back and forth. For a person who needs more for recording and mixing than composition with VSTs, it is surprisingly capable. It has unlimited tracks and the included effects are decent despite the channel strip (3 band eq with lowcut and simple compressor) being somewhat lacking. The one included instrument ( an all around rompler ) Presence will not be confused with Nexus or Kontakt, it is capable of more than I initially thought and can be expanded via samples.
I run an after school program where we work with pro and prime so that lower income kids can participate fully. As an icebreaker, i whipped up a simple song using nothing but Prime. They challenged me to create super dirty bass using Presence. Never finished mixing this, but this is what i cranked out in 15-20 minutes. No loops. To get more control I made separate track for kick snare and hihats.
There are no designated mix busses per say, but there are fx channels which basically function as busses if you skip adding fx.

Since we have short time, i did not bother with a full mix, but i made project file abailable to them to deconstruct excuse song length. Exported wrong and 5 minutes of it is dead air

https://drive.google.com/...zVU0/view?usp=drivesdk
2017/12/05 04:28:20
GregRband
dubdisciple
GregRband
stickman393
Reaper is not free. $60 

Right, I changed the wording in post to reflect that. I thought demo was endless, but it’s changed over the years apparently.

The demo is still endless. It's a matter of honor

Ok, well I wouldn’t know since I don’t use it, just tested it a few years ago for a few months. Wasn’t for me, but it’s evolved since, and so many praise it, so it must be worthy. Also $60 is def a fair price in today’s market. With that said, you can get others at or close to that price, either street price, or when on sale, so it still comes down to what works best for you, not price only imo.
2017/12/06 04:31:14
abacab
Studio One Pro is $125 for Sonar crossgrade at JRRshop...

And you can get any of these for $99 or less:

Tracktion Waveform
Cubase Elements
Reaper
MixCraft
Harrison Mixbus

And for $50 you can get Overture, but it's not really a DAW.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account