2017/11/30 20:21:59
slyman
Guys, just a quick post about Presonus' customer support.
Bought Studio One Pro on Black Friday at 50% off, ended up paying $199.50 USD and found out today that since Monday, they are currently offering Cakewalk users a special Sonar crossgrade price of $149 USD.
Since I'd already bought it, no big deal, but I figured I would just sent them an email to see if they could offer anything for the price difference.
Well, it took exactly 5 minutes to get an email from Paypal telling me Presonus refunded $50 on my credit card. 

Just thought I would share this in case some of you also bought S1 last week.

Sly  

2017/11/30 20:33:08
Marshall
That's good business sense from them, and very encouraging for the future! I bought SO through Audio Deluxe for $169 last week - I am happy with that for what I hope will be the start of a long and happy relationship.
2017/11/30 20:40:47
slyman
Marshall
That's good business sense from them, and very encouraging for the future! I bought SO through Audio Deluxe for $169 last week - I am happy with that for what I hope will be the start of a long and happy relationship.

I guess they see a huge opportunity here and they want to make the better of it, for sure...
I like their software so far...but my 15 year Sonar worklfow still takes over big time....
2017/11/30 20:54:18
denverdrummer
The support for Studio One is pretty good.  The  support for PreSonus hardware sucks rocks and I will never buy from them again.  Long story short, I bought an 18x18 VSL interface in late 2012.  I had to get a new computer in 2013 and found that they did not support the USB 3.0 Intel chipset, which was included with all 3rd gen i7 chipsets at the time.  They blamed it on Intel, and Intel said it was not their problem.  Whoever the problem lied with, I owned a $500 paperweight.  Luckily I was able to pawn it off on someone and bought a Focusrite.
2017/11/30 21:19:21
TerraSin
denverdrummer
The  support for PreSonus hardware sucks rocks and I will never buy from them again.

That's all too common a story *cough*Roland*cough*. The only company to ever really do hardware/DAW integration properly has been Avid. That's the one thing I can say that company did very well. Shame they suck at pretty much everything else.
2017/11/30 21:35:47
Eddie TX
denverdrummer
The support for Studio One is pretty good.  The  support for PreSonus hardware sucks rocks and I will never buy from them again.  Long story short, I bought an 18x18 VSL interface in late 2012.  I had to get a new computer in 2013 and found that they did not support the USB 3.0 Intel chipset, which was included with all 3rd gen i7 chipsets at the time.  They blamed it on Intel, and Intel said it was not their problem.  Whoever the problem lied with, I owned a $500 paperweight.  Luckily I was able to pawn it off on someone and bought a Focusrite.

Hang on, so you're saying Presonus should've known that a future chipset wouldn't work with their interface? That's why you'll never buy anything from them again? Sorry, I'm confused.

Cheers,
Eddie

2017/11/30 21:49:24
GregRband
I haven’t dealt with Presonus support in a year or two, but I can say that the times I did in past for my Studio One software issues, they were 5 star! One even over weekend and another at night, again, years ago and in my experiences. I just wish it was USA made, but oh well, not much is anymore these days..... at least they are USA support, better than many out there! I’m no pro, but S1Pro appears to be a very good daw for many, especially if you are doing production (mixing/mastering) work in higher volumes for others. I’ve read that and why over and over in forums and such.
2017/11/30 21:53:04
cclarry
My experiences have been mixed results...I'll leave it at that.
Usually I find the answers, and don't need support.  I'd rather
not rely on support if at all possible...YMMV
2017/11/30 22:02:44
azslow3
Eddie TX
Hang on, so you're saying Presonus should've known that a future chipset wouldn't work with their interface? That's why you'll never buy anything from them again? Sorry, I'm confused.

I am slowly in progress reading USB2/USB3.X standards. USB3 is by definition USB2 compatible, till you do something wrong in concrete USB2 or USB3 realization. Unfortunately, such "bugs" are not rare.
2017/11/30 22:36:22
Mosvalve
slyman
Marshall

I like their software so far...but my 15 year Sonar worklfow still takes over big time....

That's the thing. It's hard to not work in other DAW's the way we work in Sonar. It's like a bad habit but in a good way.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account