• Software
  • Any advice on where to install newly released versions of Splat plugins from Overloud,AAS?
2017/12/05 19:22:09
Sidroe
Just spent a while grabbing the Sonar "released" versions of Overloud and AAS VSTs. Should these be installed immediately or wait til I make my jump to a new DAW? I have not made up my mind yet as to what DAW I will use. I plan to use Splat as long as possible but I have not made up my mind as to what would take it's place.
Also, I am thinking they should go in new, separate folders. Not the Cakewalk VST folder, thinking that the scan would be confused between the two versions. Has anyone already installed and tried the scan?? 
2017/12/05 21:06:33
jude77
That's a good question.  I think I'll wait too.

2017/12/05 21:17:23
TheMaartian
The installer will ask for folders for the 32-bit and 64-bit VSTs. It defaulted to my standard folders. I'm running 64-bit (can't not install the 32-bit; meh) and this is what I wound up with:

VST 2 Plugins 64-bit: c:\program files\vstplugins\

The installer also places copies of the .DLL files in: c:\program files\applied acoustic systems\vst plug-ins\

The installer also creates:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Applied Acoustics Systems\Lounge Lizard Session 4
C:\Program Files (x86)\Applied Acoustics Systems\Strum Session 2
C:\Program Files (x86)\Applied Acoustics Systems\Ultra Analog Session 2

It places BOTH the 32-bit and 64-bit standalone apps in appropriate subfolders. To create desktop icons, navigate to the appropriate subfolder, for example:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Applied Acoustics Systems\Lounge Lizard Session 4\bin64

right-click on the .EXE file and select Create Shortcut. Windows won't let you create a shortcut in that folder and pops up a message asking if you want it on the Desktop. Bingo!

Do that for all three.

One excellent thing about downloading via the email was that all 3 Session apps showed up in my AAS account, and were already authorized when the installation finished. Zero extra effort.

I have the Modelling Collection (I got converted to that when I bought Objec Delay; I had all the others), but added the Session VIs just because I paid for them through my SPlat purchase.
2017/12/05 21:21:05
TheMaartian
The Overloud plugins did a standard install and are in my normal VST directories. There are standalone versions of REmatrix and Breverb...but why? For TH3, certainly. The Breverb plugin still has Cakewalk in the filename. No biggie.

REmatrix Solo is now an expansion for REmatrix full. If you don't have the full version, the Solo expansion won't do you any good.

When I get a spare $120, I'll upgrade TH3 to the full version.

2017/12/05 21:26:19
TheSteven
I just installed them in my normal plugin folders
C:\Audio\VST\64 bit\Overloud
C:\Audio\VST\32 bit (has 64 bit version)\Overloud
haven't noticed any issues.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account