2013/08/20 03:14:08
Agro
EDIT: in hindsight, I probably should have put this in the CAL forum, my bad.

EDIT 2: I found what I was looking for. Thanks anyway, guys!

Hi guys. First of all, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong section, I'm kind of running around from forum to forum looking for answers and hoping that I might be able to find some here.

Basically, I'm working on a project which requires extensive use of MIDI sequences. The notes of the MIDIs which I want to use--for some god forsaken reason--use Expression as an envelope, and this is for every single note. Without the envelopes the MIDIs sound absolutely terrible. The program that I'm using is certainly able to read MIDIs but due to certain limitations it can't and won't read any Expression controls. I've been able to cope so far with one song by tracing Expression into Volume but this is incredibly tedious and also inaccurate. I guess what I'm asking is if there's a way to merge Expression into Volume, since Expression is really just a percentage of master volume anyway. You could look at it like this:

I have a MIDI file that uses both Volume and Expression, and I want to convert it to just use Volume in a way that it still has the same volume levels as the original, such that (new volume) = (original volume) * (expression) / 127

or something like that.

Someone suggested that there may be a CAL custom script around or that it may be able to be written. If so, how can I go about learning to write such a program? Is there already one available? Is there anyone around that would be willing to write such a script?

Thanks for your time, guys. Sorry if this comes across as really vague.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account