• Software
  • A tip for any Sonarite trying studio one midi editing for the first time.
2017/12/01 09:14:39
tenfoot
Hey folks.

Perhaps everyone already knows this. I did not, but am gad I do now, so I thought I would mention it. :)

It is no news that Studio One is not in Sonar's league for midi editing. There is no event editor, so If you happen to use midi CC messages for anything, the only way to edit these is in Studio One's version of the controller pane. On top of this, in a questionable attempt to be innovative, Presonus chose to implement their own nonstandard internal midi functioning, an aspect of which is the midi CC range is not represented as 0 - 127 or 1 - 128 as it is everywhere else, but by much a finer grained though completely pointless scale of 0 - 100%.  The good news is that in later versions of Studio One, despite this being the default, you can change scale back to standard 0-127 by clicking on the scale at the bottom left corner of the controller pane and choosing midi.

That is all:)
2017/12/01 09:20:17
Kamikaze
My tip would be - post in the software forum

2017/12/01 10:07:23
dlesaux
Great tip. I had actually made up a chart to convert between midi values and percent but this makes it way easier!
2017/12/01 10:55:47
tenfoot
dlesaux
Great tip. I had actually made up a chart to convert between midi values and percent but this makes it way easier!

Thats exactly what I was doing when I stumbled accross this Daniel:)
2017/12/01 13:42:33
artturner
Great tip! I also discovered last night that there is no way to quantize MIDI with an offset. I suppose I will be forced to learn Cubase, but Studio One has had a much quicker learning curve to me.
2017/12/01 14:08:47
dwardzala
Check out Johnny Geib's (HomeStudioTrainer) YouTube channel.  He has done two videos on Studio One midi specifically for Sonar users, to help them understand S1's midi capabilities.  I think there may be a reasonably elegant way to "offset quantize" using fields in the info panel.
2017/12/01 14:35:53
pwalpwal
when using new software, rtfm
2017/12/01 14:42:31
mettelus
pwalpwal
when using new software, rtfm

I thought that was only a last resort option??
2017/12/01 15:16:22
DeeringAmps
I don't think Studio One is really a "midi editing" program; just my experience.
I own it, don't use it, hopefully they will concentrate a little more on midi in the future.
Will revert to X3e if Splat goes "splat".
T
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account