• Software
  • A tip for any Sonarite trying studio one midi editing for the first time. (p.3)
2017/12/03 21:57:22
Paw
Thanks, there's plenty of functions in midi area in SO3, its generally very good DAW for my work. But I'm waiting for better tempo editing (like automation in Cubase), and track templates. Switching now is like good exchange for good.
Regard, Paul
2017/12/04 17:18:50
raisindot
Not having event list functionality is a deal-breaker for me. I use that more than any other MIDI function to correct mistakes or change things, especially in conjunction with Sonar's search and replace filters. 
2017/12/04 18:25:50
Jeff Evans
That is the beauty of having more than one DAW.  I still have Sonar Producer 8.5 installed on another 32 bit machine. My computers are networked so I can boot up Sonar and it can open say a midi file. From my main machine without even moving it.  You can edit then using the event list.  Re-save under a new name and then open that file in your session.  I have used this especially for opening up commercial midi files and sometimes having to remove a series of un-needed events that are sometimes planted in the first one or two intro bars.  Which can cause grief.

There is plenty of midi expansion to come we think.  It is likely that in a major update e.g. Studio One V4 they will implement a host of midi features.

This where the thinking comes in too.  You should be able to do most editing things you do in the event list now by using the visual cues now e.g. the PRV. and learning how to use it.  It is possible now to microscopically edit parts of your midi event performances in Studio One.  You can also run Notion side by side and work with the score view if you are so inclined.  There is a level of deeper integration between Notion and Studio One. They talk to each other. 

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account