2015/03/15 17:57:50
DjiDoe
It would be very very great if the Sonar Playlist could be manipulated via MIDI :

Example

Song 01 is accessible with * (press a MIDI key to choose a bank) and * (press a MIDI key to choose a song within that bank) That would be so useful live ! I could not find any sequencer program that do that. Cakewalk could be the first to implement this simple feature in his flagship app
2015/03/16 07:47:40
Brando
I agree. Good idea. The Playlist feature needs some love.
2015/03/16 09:53:34
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
yes. i would definitely make use of that :-)
2015/03/16 10:21:48
BassDaddy
Sounds good.
2015/04/29 20:35:34
Blown306
I'm planning to use Sonar Platinum on a laptop to run a live show...in addition to controlling the playlist playback with time delay and computer keyboard (which is somewhat OK), it sure would be nice and convenient to be able to assign a midi channel and note to start/stop each project in the playlist. That way, any member of the band can manually start the playback of the project from a controller without having access to the computer keyboard directly.  Another feature that would be useful would be to have the ability to select if the next project in the list should automatically load (but not play) after the end of the current project playback.  This function would 'cue up' the next project so that it is ready to go when in a performance situation.  Some of the drum kit VSTi's have rather large sample libraries to load!  (Note - This may already be the case, I haven't messed with playlists too much yet (still building the projects), but I believe the project loads after the keyboard input is received.)

Hope others find these suggestions useful and they can get added...it would make the playlist feature much better in my opinion!  Thanks...and keep the updates coming!

- Jeff 
2015/04/30 13:05:10
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
I think I had put in a similar request about two months ago ... so I vote for this one as well because this would be easy to implement and a great extension the play list feature ... and I don't think many voted for my request :-(
2015/04/30 13:08:43
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
Blown306
I'm planning to use Sonar Platinum on a laptop to run a live show...
Some of the drum kit VSTi's have rather large sample libraries to load!  

Hi Jeff,
I would not go on stage having drum VSTi to load for individual songs ... I wouldn't even load a single (unless you trigger them live via e-drums but in that case I would put the VSTi on a different machine to distribute loads) ... anyway, you may want to read up on some of the recent threads on the playlist, there are some really advanced long time users of the playlist around (look maybe for Kicksville posts)
2015/04/30 13:16:36
scook
I scanned the FR threads and could not find one you created but this is similar http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3191682. Similar enough to be merged? IDK, I don't use Playlists but will merge them if asked.
2015/04/30 16:00:44
JCody
The new "Floating Window" playlist is bad because there is no longer a "Pin to Top" button. It does stay on top but the focus doesn't stay with the playlist and the "N" key doesn't work unless you take your mouse and highlight it first. Also, and for my purposes has made it unusable is the scroll line is mostly invisible in this version when using the playlist. We use it in a live production setting where we have visible cues on the project and we need to see when they are coming up. Without the scroll line, we can't. This new version seems to load the next song slower than before and time is of the essence in our productions. I can say that the command center does a great job in reverting to earlier versions. I needed to in this case.
2015/05/08 12:50:50
DjiDoe
Please Cakewalk do it ! And add a better video support... It's almost unusable as it is now (no full screen support with the PLAYLIST)...
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account