• Software
  • WAVES Issue - Select WAVES 9.3 Plug-ins Folder
2016/02/16 12:48:10
MrMook
WAVES is such a pain in my butt.

I bit in the latest Abbey Road Reverb plugin.

It was installed with the latest version of Waves Central. I seem to have lost all of my Waves plugins. The licenses are on my pc yet when I do a VST scan i get the message in the title and can't seem to find the proper folder.

Anyone else have this issue?

Oddly enough the Abbey Road Reverb is there under VST3s yet none of the other are.

2016/02/16 13:00:34
Eddie TX
I had a similar issue. It kept asking me for the location of the v9.3 folder.  After hearing back from Waves support, I selected the C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V9 folder and that worked. Had to see the individual plugin files in the browser, then hit the Select button. Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Eddie
2016/02/16 13:26:51
MrMook
Thanks, Eddie. I solved this with a complete re-install of all the Waves plug-ins.

Seemingly Waves changes things every time they update Waves Central. Irritating to say the least.

Now I have static using the Reverb. Probably a buffer issue. Oh Lawd!
2016/02/16 15:33:25
Eddie TX
Glad you got it sorted out. It seems Waves Central has brought a host of issues to many users, judging from forum posts. It's frustrating, given Waves' reputation as being one of the most technically advanced developers.

As for your static problem with the reverb, could it be due to high CPU usage?  That new Abbey Road plate plugin has been reported to eat a lot of cycles.

Cheers,
Eddie

2016/02/16 17:30:50
MrMook
The crackling was fixed by increasing the SONAR buffer.

Waves is about as bad as Native Instruments.
2016/02/16 17:56:26
tlw
Waves Central has to be one of the least user-friendly, least instantly understandable interfaces there is.

I much preffered their old way of managing licenses and installing plugs.
2016/02/16 19:13:59
MrMook
Agreed and they keep changing it.

As I said the only plugin that showed after the first install and rescan was the Abbey Road reverb. When I looked into the issue (after posting here) I decided to re-install all plugins. Since AR was there I didn't re-install it. It was there, right? After the re-install I scanned and I got an error that it wasn't there. Well, it WAS there. The error went away after I re-installed it.

Go figure.
2016/02/17 10:54:01
Grem
The new Waves Central gave me a message that to install the plugin I wanted to install, ARR (along with the latest versions of several other plugs,) that all my older versions of Waves plugins would be uninstalled. I sat there several minutes contemplating if I wanted to do this or not.

Since I was doing a off-line install (another story altogether) I had to recreate the install package. Again!

After that installation went well, but when I started SPlat I had the same message about looking for the 9.6 version. However, I went about fixing it differently than what Eddie suggested.
2016/02/17 12:31:19
MrMook
I now have a VST listed at the bottom of my VST2 list that says, "WavesShell x64 (32 bit)"

If I click it it pops up the "Select WAVES 9.3 Plug-ins Folder" box again.

I have NO idea how or where it was scanned from.

What a friggin' mess.

x64 VST3 works fine, however.
2016/02/19 22:21:10
jude77
After a few strange issues installing individual Waves plugins, now if I add anything new from Waves I reinstall EVERYTHING and it seems to be ok.  This is the only vendor I've ever had to do this with.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account