• Software
  • WAVES Issue - Select WAVES 9.3 Plug-ins Folder (p.2)
2016/09/02 20:32:52
DK072257
Well I had a conversation to the fellows at WAVES. Told them my C drive is 128 gig and I wanted to install my WAVES where all my other VST's are (F:\VST), they pretty much said go screw yourself. So I did as they said and removed all the registered products I had from them. It's my PC and I will install **** where I want, not where their programmers tell me to. If they cant find better programmers, they should pay em more eh?

2016/09/02 23:08:13
TheSteven
If I forget to plugin the USB where I store my Waves licenses when the VST Scanner runs - that removes all Waves plugins from Sonar's database.
Other that that I rarely have issues - maybe I'm just lucky.

Waves puts it's 32/64 bit VSTs plugins in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V9    << both WavesLib_9.6_Win32.dll  and WavesLib_9.6_Win64.dll
You can either add this location to your scan folders or copy the dll files to your VST folder(s)

Waves VST3 versions are stored at:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3              << WaveShell-VST3 9.6_x64.vst3
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3  << WaveShell-VST3 9.6.vst3

If WavesShell, WavesShell-VST, or similar shows up in your plug-in list you need to Exclude it in the Plug-in Manager.
If you are using MenuMagic it/they are automatically Excluded unless you manually un-Excluded them.
Sonar treats the WavesShell as a usable plug-in and it's not.
This isn't a Waves issue, it's a Sonar issue - it shouldn't show in the menus as a usable plugin in the first place.
Its an old bug that no one reports because they are so used to just to dealing with it.

Hope this info helps.

Best regards,
...Steven

Edit:
Now that I think about it I did have a major issue a couple of months ago that was driving me crazy where everytime I installed a new Waves plugin it was a crap shoot - things were getting deleted or the new plugin wouldn't install.
I even got Waves technical support involved before I figured it out.
The problem was that one of the dialog boxes for the installer kept popping up behind the Waves Central window and I would think it was done when it was actually hung waiting for me to click OK so it could to install some C++ component or such.
I have gotten in the habit of now moving the Waves Central window off to the side or to my other monitor when running it now so that all messages pop up in a clear area.  And haven't had an issue since.
Must be getting old, forgot all about it.
2016/09/02 23:20:55
TheSteven
Edited my previous post because I forgot about the issue that I had fairly recently with Waves...
2017/12/03 15:33:10
fhehle
15 years in the recording industry : 99% of my issues have always been related to Waves. Horrible company, period. Today I'm having the same issue you guys have, but this time I'm done trying to fix things. Goodbye Waves (because yes, there are other great alternatives out there)
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account