• Software
  • Found out today that Presonus wants Sonar customers, offering Studio One Prof. at 1/2 pric
2017/12/01 22:48:45
gtr1963
Called Sweetwater today to order a footswitch. My salesman(who sold me Cakewalk Sonar Artist) told me that Presonus is aware of Cakewalk going under and said that til Dec 31st, Sonar users can get Presonus Studio One Professional 3.5 for 1/2 off. That makes it $149. Only caveat is that you can only get this deal if your an X2 user or higher.

Thought some of you guys that decide to jump ship might want to know. I'm considering it.

2017/12/01 22:53:31
paulo
In other news.......

Noah warns land based animals that they might want to board his ark as apparently it's going to rain a lot.
2017/12/01 22:59:18
RickJP909
This is old news dude.  We've had Presonus, Cubase, Protools and others all making offers towards SONAR users in these forums some days ago.

You need to weigh up the pros and cons.  Presonus doesn't support MIDI so that DAW is dead to me!  Cubase requires the purchase of a hardware dongle permanently engaged in your computer so that DAW is dead to me.  Ableton live looks like Lego and I don't like the workflow.  Logic I like but that doesn't support MIDI and nor is it available on the PC.

ATM, the only one which looks viable to me is Mixbus because the look and feel and workflow seem similar to SONAR, it supports MIDI and doesn't require a hardware dongle plus guess what?  They're also doing a special price for SONAR users - funny that!!!

They've all got pros and cons so you need to decide what fits you best! :-)
2017/12/01 23:12:57
Pragi
RickJP909
This is old news dude.  We've had Presonus, Cubase, Protools and others all making offers towards SONAR users in these forums some days ago.

Hello Rick,
haven´t been aware that Pro Fools is making a special offer for Sonarians.
Can you give me a link ?

Thanks in advance
Pragi

2017/12/01 23:13:32
dappa1
What do you mean Studio One doesn't support Midi?

Maybe I am getting you wrong. But it is a DAW that functions well. When I tried the demo I could only say the workflow had a flow to it not experienced in any other DAW I tried. Yes Sonar is very good no one who has tried it can deny that. Since Cakewalk has run a ground I'm realising how good we had it. Only if Gibson saw it the same way.
2017/12/01 23:33:12
RickJP909
Pragi

Hello Rick,
Can you give me a link ?

Thanks in advance
Pragi

Hi Pragi.

I stand corrected because I saw this article posted in the forum: http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-page/2017/11/25/the-critical-lesson-all-of-us-should-learn-from-the-cakewalk-closure

And got mixed up because we've had several offers from various other DAW vendors and lots of noise about cross-grades, that I thought I'd read of an offer in this article when in fact, it's just an opinion but provokes some good food for thought.  My mistake, sorry!
2017/12/01 23:38:41
telecharge
RickJP909
They're also doing a special price for SONAR users - funny that!!!

Like the Cubase deal, it's available to everyone. They just made a special landing page for SONAR customers to make us feel good.
2017/12/02 02:28:07
dsurkin
RickJP909Presonus doesn't support MIDI so that DAW is dead to me! 

Am I missing something here? Presonus says this about MIDI support:
https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210050203-Basic-Midi-Setup-New-Keyboard-Control-Surface-Instrument-Faderport
It doesn't sound as fully-featured as Sonar's MIDI support, but it sounds like it exists.
2017/12/02 11:41:02
Pragi
RickJP909
Pragi

Hello Rick,
Can you give me a link ?

Thanks in advance
Pragi

Hi Pragi.

I stand corrected because I saw this article posted in the forum: http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-page/2017/11/25/the-critical-lesson-all-of-us-should-learn-from-the-cakewalk-closure

And got mixed up because we've had several offers from various other DAW vendors and lots of noise about cross-grades, that I thought I'd read of an offer in this article when in fact, it's just an opinion but provokes some good food for thought.  My mistake, sorry!

Thank you  for the clarification.
2017/12/02 12:25:34
RickJP909
dsurkin
RickJP909Presonus doesn't support MIDI so that DAW is dead to me! 

Am I missing something here? Presonus says this about MIDI support:
https://support.presonus.com/hc/en-us/articles/210050203-Basic-Midi-Setup-New-Keyboard-Control-Surface-Instrument-Faderport
It doesn't sound as fully-featured as Sonar's MIDI support, but it sounds like it exists.

The fact that they require a KB article to explain it rings alarm bells to me.  In Sonar (and I'd expect this from any DAW), you just tell Sonar to connect your interface and then route the MIDI channels to your hardware and that's it!  I believe it's because ProSonus use their own proprietary system to interface and communicate with MIDI, perhaps I'm wrong but it's a thumbs down for me as an extensive MIDI user.  I'd rather stick to something with over a 30-year proven track record.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account