• Software
  • Studio One frustrations (p.2)
2017/12/03 05:09:17
JohnEgan
What really sucks is having to go back to reading help manuals and watching videos again, for something you really dont want to change to. LOL.

Cheers
2017/12/03 05:10:03
Frank Harvey
mikedocy
I am trying to make Addictive Drums 2 have separate channels for all the drums.
It was so easy in Sonar. It was intuitive and logical. Easy to implement.

I just cannot figure out how to do it in Studio One.
It is so unintuitive that I am ready to give up.

FYI mikedocy...............AD2 was one of my key VSTs for testing.
I trust ( and hope) you haven't paid for a new DAW yet ..... PS....I have paid for a DUD only days ago' and regret it bitterly .....that's another story).
However, If you have not checked out 'Reaper' , my best advice is to download and put it on the test table.
Personally, as a 90s+ Cakewalk user ( PS: that's not my age) .............I am currently testing 'REAPER' and it is ticking all the boxes (VSTs etc) hands down......including AD2 multiple drum tracks recognition / inclusion .
OK, It is a different method to Sonar to insert all the AD2 tracks into Reaper.....Dont ask me how I did it just now......... (still just buzzing about testing other reaper possibilities )....But I DO know it is possible with easy input from your good self.
PS: Reaper seems to have a video on just about everything........which is a VERY nice to have.
Cheers..........Frank in OZ 
2017/12/03 05:18:14
mikedocy
abacab
I posted a link to a video above that clearly explains how to do it.  If you are in a hurry, fast forward to the 9:00 min mark... 

Thanks abacab. Good video. 
I think I have it now. I did do some previous google searching but could not find anything.
I was also trying to get Kontakt to do the same thing which increased the frustration level.
LOL.
2017/12/03 05:30:11
mikedocy
Frank Harvey
....However, If you have not checked out 'Reaper' , my best advice is to download and put it on the test table.

Thanks, Frank.
Reaper is a really good daw. The technical ability of Reaper surpasses all other daws.
It works nicely with hardware audio interfaces that refuse to work in other daws.
It is very efficient with cpu cycles.
The price is excellent.

2017/12/03 05:30:40
Mosvalve
I think the best thing to do with any new DAW is not try to make it work like Sonar.
2017/12/03 05:33:43
DarinBad
Mosvalve
I think the best thing to do with any new DAW is not try to make it work like Sonar.

Yes. Moving to another DAW is going to have its frustrations, whether it be Cubase, Reaper, Studio One, etc. Fact is, they are all great DAWs. But you have to put the time and effort in to learn it. Like death and taxes.. No way around it. Sometimes it's painful. The important thing is: Patience.
2017/12/03 06:14:26
Frank Harvey
Mosvalve

I Get Ya.......Believe Me.
We gratefully had a creative  ANGEL in our midst since 1987 and she reluctantly flew away in  Nov 2017 because ignorant  'Powers that Be' demanded from her more than she could give. Yes 30 Years of Devoted Service.
Three Cheers for  Sonar ............. Hip Hip ......Hooray !!!    Hip Hip ......Hooray !!!   Hip Hip ......Hooray !!!
The King is Dead ...............Long Live SONAR !

2017/12/03 06:23:24
musichoo
I am a Sonar and studio one user. I was able to figure how to setup multiple outs by messing around with the buttons without looking at manual or google. My point is that certain aspects of studio one is really intuitive. It is designed from the ground up by people who were behind Cubase. It must be pretty good daw because so many people are switching to it from Protools, Cubase and now Sonar. When I read the title I had a feeling that the problem is from the user and not the program itself.
2017/12/03 11:09:37
VinylJunkie
Mosvalve

Exactly. Use it as it was designed to be used. It's not Sonar it will work differently.
But saying "It Sucks" because you can't work it out does the product a disservice.

2017/12/03 13:33:51
abacab
mikedocy
abacab
I posted a link to a video above that clearly explains how to do it.  If you are in a hurry, fast forward to the 9:00 min mark... 

Thanks abacab. Good video. 
I think I have it now. I did do some previous google searching but could not find anything.
I was also trying to get Kontakt to do the same thing which increased the frustration level.
LOL.

Great!

I'll admit to being frustrated by Reaper like that at times.  I have been messing with that for some time now, and while I think it is a very powerful DAW, nothing in that is intuitive for me and I end up having to read the manual for ANYTHING simple that I could do in Sonar!

I much prefer Studio One, if I must leave Sonar behind... at least I find it 85% intuitive... and with plenty of info online if I need it! 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account