2015/05/18 08:37:36
icontakt
I don't know about other users, but I archive tracks very frequently during recording (since my PC isn't powerful). As you can see in the screenshot below, it's not very easy to identify which tracks are archived at first glance (the grayed out MSR buttons aren't really helping). And for this reason I often click the Expand/collapse Take lanes button wondering why the lanes don't appear, etc., without realizing the track is archived. I think the reason why the blue "A" buttons aren't sticking out enough is that the strips became color-codable in X3, and probably because the "R" buttons and the lit Input Echo button are also blue.

If you look at the Clips pane on the right, you notice that the background color of the archived tracks are darkened, but that's not quite enough IMO. Just like the dark, bypassed FX Racks (which you can see in the screenshot, too), archived tracks should also be more easily identifiable.

P.S. And please fix this minor bug, too.
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Track-Folders-Archive-button-fully-lights-up-ignoring-unarchived-tracks-Confirmed-by-CW-m2998330.aspx#2998330

2015/05/18 08:39:58
BobF
This would be simply awesome as a user configurable item
2015/05/19 08:27:50
dcumpian
This is the main reason all of my archived tracks go to a track folder.

Regards,
Dan

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account