2017/10/26 10:38:44
Mesh
aidanodr
.....Plus maybe community chat and collaboration eventually?

Just come down to the CH/Songs Forum and start chatting.....lot's of collaborations going on there.
2017/10/26 14:37:06
Alex Westner [Cakewalk]
Fleer
I’m thinking $50 as a one-time lifetime fee instead. At least offer this during an introductory period to gain, well, momentum.

Sounds reasonable, but I'm not sure the business model could afford it. With our estimated cloud costs alone, we'd start losing money at this price point in a little over a year.
2017/10/27 00:45:54
Fleer
Alex Westner [Cakewalk]
Fleer
I’m thinking $50 as a one-time lifetime fee instead. At least offer this during an introductory period to gain, well, momentum.

Sounds reasonable, but I'm not sure the business model could afford it. With our estimated cloud costs alone, we'd start losing money at this price point in a little over a year.

Meant as an opening offer. Just for a week or so. To build momentum 
2017/10/29 23:28:52
EyjolfurG
I like Momentum and I think it is very cool and handy.  But it needs two small enhancements.  The option to "tab tempo" to set the metronome speed in quick way and to change the default metronome sound of the first beat of each bar to more percussive one. The current sound has the tone C# in it that is irritating if you are playing in a different key.
2017/10/31 14:07:41
Starise
How have you used Momentum so far? I haven't had the chance to download it yet.

I don't see myself playing with small devices so much as maybe using it for track transfer between larger daws.

What specifically does it do in terms of acclimating one daw to another? I know it syncs tempo. What else? Does it take the keys across platforms? It seem to do that. What else? What about tracks with ARA written into them? Can they be sent between daws and retain the ARA info. 

Once tracks are transferred, does Momentum retain the authority to that track? IOW, are we tied to the cloud from then on, or is a transferred track now in full possession of the end user no strings attached?
2017/10/31 17:13:45
pwalpwal
Alex Westner [Cakewalk]
Fleer

what about a fixed fee local network only version, cutting out the middleman cloud (& associated costs)?
2017/10/31 17:28:19
Alex Westner [Cakewalk]
pwalpwal
Alex Westner [Cakewalk]
Fleer

what about a fixed fee local network only version, cutting out the middleman cloud (& associated costs)?

Yes, even better, in our upcoming v1.0.1 update, we're going to unlock unlimited local Idea creation in the Free version. So, if you find the app useful on any specific device, and you're not interested in the cloud sync/multi-device service, then you can just enjoy it for free. 
2017/10/31 18:31:07
pwalpwal
that's a really good entry point i think, good luck!
2017/11/06 18:12:31
bdickens
For some reason I don't understand, it is compatible with my Android 6.0 phone but not my Wife's Android 6.0 tablet.
2017/11/11 14:26:52
MacFurse
I purchased the basic plan for 12months 50pct off through an email from Masterwriter 2 days ago. So $15 USD for a year. I figure if I use it, I will keep the subscription up. I'm cranking songs out this last month trying to get a new album done, and so far in the last month, between Big fish, Masterwriter, and now Momentum, I'm putting the ideas down, getting 2 songs done in the last 2 days alone (ready for the serious tracking sessions that is). This is much more than I've been capable of up until now. I'm in the pocket at the moment, so to speak, but I have say, Momentum really added to this today. Yeh, I could have just used my phone, but the 4 tracks are just so easy to access. It's so simple. Now to find a way to connect it to my bike for the 'helmet songs'...........

Just my thoughts......
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account