• Software
  • Presonus May Offer a Special "Crossgrade" to Cakewalk Users (p.2)
2017/11/22 00:19:08
THambrecht
Gibson has losses if they bury the software code.
I hope they will sell the code to another company.

2017/11/22 00:19:18
june61944
$168 in the cart for Studio One Professional at Audiodeluxe.
2017/11/22 00:24:45
BobF
june61944
$168 in the cart for Studio One Professional at Audiodeluxe.

That's what I paid last year.  I have yet to see a better deal than that.
2017/11/22 00:39:35
mettelus
+1 to the "50% off right now." JRRShop has Studio One Pro+Notion 6 outright (not a crossgrade) for $225 now - ironically, the crossgrade is more expensive. I haven't seen a crossgrade go below $199, and Notion 6 used to be $49 more (for S1P owners). I am not sure when that specific sale ends or what Presonus would offer better than that.

Only concern is that Studio One 3 is almost 3 years old now... but I guess if they get a large enough influx of new buyers, it might stay v3 for quite a while longer.

Edit: Quick clarification to the above... discount codes do not apply to that specific one, but does to others (check the deals forum). Seems JRRShop and AudioDeluxe are the two best deals atm.
2017/11/22 01:11:49
FCCfirstclass
Dreamstation
Next week?  It's on sale right now at 50% off - what's better, to take up the current discount or wait until that expires and potentially get a lesser discount?

All I see at Audio Deluxe is SO 3 for 199.  Where is the $169  price?   Edit:  Nevermind
2017/11/22 01:16:29
SuperG
Dreamstation
Might be able to shave a few additional dollars off if buying through Audio Deluxe or Plugin Boutique.  Usually seems to be the way it works.

edit - just tried this at Audio Deluxe and got another $31 off - can be bought for $168.98 !!

I am seriously considering it at that price. Craig mentioned it's probably the Daw most similar to Sonar.
2017/11/22 01:19:57
Fog
Dickie Fredericks
 Ive just spent the last hr or so messing around w/ Studio One. Looks different but its a DAW.

there is a lot of groove3 videos for it.. an hour isn't any time to learn what isn't so obvious unless you know . e.g. things like scratchpad

I did mention it to presonus, not to be "funny" with cakewalk. more a case of a lot of the users there want to changed to a daw , and theirs was getting mentioned a fair bit.. if people want updates, aren't getting em.. I think it's a fair call..

out of things I use , it's the nearest fit to sonar I felt. cubase is also, but I'm not feeling how they want money out of me for .5 updates. , but good if you are wanting notation.

2017/11/22 01:21:13
aidanodr
I have downloaded the 30 day demo of Studio One 3. Installed all my vsts.

Straight away its no where as fast as Sonar for loading likes of Kontakt or the Arturia plugs. Delays.

Im going to hold out that Sonar will be bought out ... 
2017/11/22 01:21:39
guitz
Man I am SO used to SONAR that I've never even opened any other DAW software for 20 years! I think what I have will be OK for at least a couple of years maybe, unless something else comes out that is a 'must have' , OR the inevitable upgrade to new hardware/OS/softare doesn't jibe with the last lifetime version release.

Does Presonus  look and operate like  SONAR?
2017/11/22 01:25:26
aidanodr
guitz
Man I am SO used to SONAR that I've never even opened any other DAW software for 20 years! I think what I have will be OK for at least a couple of years maybe, unless something else comes out that is a 'must have'...

Does Presonus  look and operation like  SONAR?

Download the 30 day full demo OVER RIGHT:

https://www.presonus.com/products/studio-one/get-studio-one

* NOT THE STUDIO ONE PRIME
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account