• Software
  • Presonus May Offer a Special "Crossgrade" to Cakewalk Users (p.3)
2017/11/22 01:26:16
guitz
aidanodr
guitz
Man I am SO used to SONAR that I've never even opened any other DAW software for 20 years! I think what I have will be OK for at least a couple of years maybe, unless something else comes out that is a 'must have'...

Does Presonus  look and operation like  SONAR?

Download the 30 day full demo OVER RIGHT:

https://www.presonus.com/products/studio-one/get-studio-one

* NOT THE STUDIO ONE PRIME

Thanks
2017/11/22 01:27:58
Fog
aidanodr
I have downloaded the 30 day demo of Studio One 3. Installed all my vsts.
 Straight away its no where as fast as Sonar for loading likes of Kontakt or the Arturia plugs. Delays.
Im going to hold out that Sonar will be bought out ...

different company could buy it / rebrand it.. and ask for a nice update price.. your "lifetime" membership isn't valid for them.. with regard to the plugins... no issues, I had big headaches a few versions back however with NI kontakt and sonar, where both companies had to get involved. studio one actually blacklists problematic plugins. how sonar dealt with reason was way over engineered compared to other things I use.

guitz

depends what you need to do, how you do it.. try the demo, but if you want to know how it works and have groove3 access , watch the videos, to speed that process up. it's a lot deeper than it initially looks.

2017/11/22 01:33:36
aidanodr
Fog
aidanodr
I have downloaded the 30 day demo of Studio One 3. Installed all my vsts.
 Straight away its no where as fast as Sonar for loading likes of Kontakt or the Arturia plugs. Delays.
Im going to hold out that Sonar will be bought out ...

different company could buy it / rebrand it.. and ask for a nice update price.. your "lifetime" membership isn't valid for them.. with regard to the plugins... no issues, I had big headaches a few versions back however with NI kontakt and sonar, where both companies had to get involved. studio one actually blacklists problematic plugins. how sonar dealt with reason was way over engineered compared to other things I use.

guitz

depends what you need to do, how you do it.. try the demo, but if you want to know how it works and have groove3 access , watch the videos, to speed that process up. it's a lot deeper than it initially looks.

Bold part ... what I mean is loading vsts like kontakt into a new instrument track in S1 3. They are slower to load up than in Sonar for me ( win 10, 16gb ram, core i5, sata 1tb ). S1 3 finds the vsts no problem.

2017/11/22 01:52:17
doncolga
I got Studio One back in the Spring and I absolutely *LOVE IT*.  I mean off the chart love it.  Totally worth it to me to have moved over to that platform.  I really haven't touched Sonar since I got Studio One.
2017/11/22 01:55:53
soundtweaker
pfossi
Me Too! Gibson - Class Action!

Good luck getting money back from a company that's $520 million in debt.
2017/11/22 01:59:13
Fog
doncolga
I got Studio One back in the Spring and I absolutely *LOVE IT*.  I mean off the chart love it.  Totally worth it to me to have moved over to that platform.  I really haven't touched Sonar since I got Studio One.

I think how people react to change is different or the time they need to adapt. e.g. when sonar changed the interface etc. a few weren't happy. I've grown up having to use various thing, from when I was a 18 year old and had to learn the differences between cubase / c-lab on ST.. and then onward.. at work I setup video / music studios macs  , so needed to know how to setup pro tools / logic / cubase / DP etc etc etc I had no interest in final cut , but also knew how to do that as well .. they all do the same functions .. play and record.. and store song parts. .if people take time to learn the stuff, then it's not so bad.. it's just that taking the time out to. I'm sure stuff is 2nd nature to you now.

2017/11/22 02:07:20
Woodyoflop
My studio has 2 stations in our control room, one runs pro tools and one runs Sonar, I've always resorted to the Sonar station and let the other engineer deal with the pro tools stuff. Im going to continue using Sonar, but i know eventually i may just have to let it go :(. Im fairly young (26) but iv had Sonar for about 11 years now. I started on 7 Studio.
2017/11/22 02:18:27
Leee
Downloading Studio One 3 demo now.  Trying to stay positive.  Looking at a new DAW is like starting on a new exciting adventure.   If I don't try and stay positive, I'll end up weeping in the corner over the loss of Sonar Platinum and it's "so called" lifetime subscription.
2017/11/22 02:21:49
Mitch_I
I've looked at the Studio One 3 reference manual (13% the number of pages as the Sonar manual) and also at some online tutorials and demos, and I'm having a hard time getting excited about it. I use software synths and hardware synths, and I do a lot of editing in Sonar's staff view. In the manual and tutorials, I didn't see any equivalent to Sonar's staff view or MIDI event list. Studio One seems to have a nice feature set for audio, but very little for MIDI editing. Of course, I'd be happy to be contradicted by an experienced S1 user.

I don't want to jump until I find a product that has the features I need.

Mitch I.
2017/11/22 04:21:50
Sacalait
Rick just reiterated that they're working on something for Sonar users.  I'm hoping it's better than a standard crossgrade but we'll see. 

And for the record, I have 15 years and around 1600 songs that are all in Cakewalk format.  So a computer with a working version of Sonar will HAVE to stay around for a long time.  But life moves on. 
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account