• Software
  • Presonus May Offer a Special "Crossgrade" to Cakewalk Users (p.5)
2017/11/22 13:27:56
pwalpwal
i'm interested to see how it pans out
2017/11/22 13:33:28
synkrotron
pwalpwal
i'm interested to see how it pans out

Ditto... I'm a hobbyist so no need to make any knee jerk reactions just yet.

I updated my "paid for" Reaper just to remind myself why I never jumped ship two years ago.

I've downloaded the Studio One demo and had a quick play this morning.

I'll still be using SONAR, though, until it no longer works...
2017/11/22 13:36:32
Starise
I always used SO as a secondary program. Mainly because I learned Sonar first not because SO is a less capable program. Much like Sonar you can configure the GUI and everything is drag and drop. It actually has soft synth capabilities that Sonar doesn't have if you dig into the user manual. The only thing it might be slightly behind in is midi editing.Still capable in that area all depending on what you need to do.
A couple of other pluses about it are:

-Tight hardware/ software integration with their line of hardware which goes all the way from basic to pro level stage mixers.
-works on both Mac and PC
-Also has touch screen capability
-Has intuitive keystrokes for some of the more important functions.
- regular updates.
-stable operation
-For those who like sheet music or making music and printing it out the addition Notion is amazing.

Really once you get into it some things are probably easier and a few not so much.

I have no reason to do anything at the moment. All of my most recent projects have been exported and printed. I still have a robust copy of Sonar and the most recent copy of SO3. I'll continue to use both programs as long as I can.

I'm Tmothy over on the Presonus forum BTW. Their forum needs some help. Not anywhere near as good as this forum. It it tough to find the forum from their main page.

I wish the best for Cake and its employees. I hope Gibson does the right thing and sells Cakewalk to a worthy buyer.

2017/11/22 14:19:12
aconte22
Acoustica is offering Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio for only $99 right now thru Tuesday (45% off $179 SRP).  Check out the Acoustica pages. My name is Anthony Conte (currently VP for the Mixcraft DAW), and I spent 19 years at Cakewalk, including 12 years as the Vice President of Sales. For decades I worked with many of the brilliant, incredibly talented folks that now find themselves out of a job.  My heart aches for the current Cakewalkers and the thousands of SONAR users across the globe. Simply put, this is the end of an era in the world of MIDI and Digital Audio recording.

While I do not know the fate of SONAR or what Gibson’s plans are for Cakewalk, I can assure all the current Cakewalkers that their future is bright. For the last six years, I have been lucky enough to have landed at a like-minded company, Acoustica, makers of Mixcraft 8, an award-winning DAW for the PC. Not coincidentally enough, Acoustica freakishly reminds me of the early days at Cakewalk. A small but growing music software company made up of great people who are passionate, innovative, hard-working, and who have all become my family. Acoustica is committed to making Mixcraft a DAW that SONAR users will want to seriously consider adopting. Thanks,Anthony
2017/11/22 14:29:02
pwalpwal
to add to the pluses list, there's also a dedicated free ios app for remote control
2017/11/22 14:29:44
synkrotron
aconte22
Acoustica is offering Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio for only $99 right now thru Tuesday (45% off $179 SRP).  Check out the Acoustica pages. My name is Anthony Conte (currently VP for the Mixcraft DAW), and I spent 19 years at Cakewalk, including 12 years as the Vice President of Sales. For decades I worked with many of the brilliant, incredibly talented folks that now find themselves out of a job.  My heart aches for the current Cakewalkers and the thousands of SONAR users across the globe. Simply put, this is the end of an era in the world of MIDI and Digital Audio recording.

While I do not know the fate of SONAR or what Gibson’s plans are for Cakewalk, I can assure all the current Cakewalkers that their future is bright. For the last six years, I have been lucky enough to have landed at a like-minded company, Acoustica, makers of Mixcraft 8, an award-winning DAW for the PC. Not coincidentally enough, Acoustica freakishly reminds me of the early days at Cakewalk. A small but growing music software company made up of great people who are passionate, innovative, hard-working, and who have all become my family. Acoustica is committed to making Mixcraft a DAW that SONAR users will want to seriously consider adopting. Thanks,Anthony

Thanks for the heads-up Anthony,

Perhaps this should be posted elsewhere, though, seeing as this topic is sort of associated with Presonus?

https://www.acoustica.com/mixcraft/mixcraft-pro-studio.html

2017/11/22 14:30:57
pwalpwal
hi anthony, are you offering a cross-grade price for sonar users?

2017/11/22 14:31:11
synkrotron
Erm... 14 day trial doesn't seem long enough for me though...

2017/11/22 14:32:11
synkrotron
pwalpwal
hi anthony, are you offering a cross-grade price for sonar users?

That would help... Extended quite a bit beyond all this Black Friday shenanigans...

2017/11/22 14:32:55
John T
Sacalait
I spoke with Rick Naqvi of Presonus.  He's aware of the issue with Cakewalk and said that by next week they may be offering a special crossgrade to Cakewalk users.  However, I have no idea what that actually means. 

I think it means that Rick is a DAW to DAW salesman.

Been saving that pun up for ages.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account