• Software
  • Presonus May Offer a Special "Crossgrade" to Cakewalk Users (p.7)
2017/11/22 15:55:58
chuckebaby
John T
Sacalait
I spoke with Rick Naqvi of Presonus.  He's aware of the issue with Cakewalk and said that by next week they may be offering a special crossgrade to Cakewalk users.  However, I have no idea what that actually means. 

I think it means that Rick is a DAW to DAW salesman.

Been saving that pun up for ages.

im sorry but I really needed this right now .
You saved it for the exact right time John.
2017/11/22 16:18:11
kitekrazy1
aconte22
Hey Synkrotron, Acoustica is offering Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio for only $99 right now thru Tuesday (45% off $179 SRP). Check out the Acoustica pages. Acoustica is committed to making Mixcraft a DAW that SONAR users will want to seriously consider adopting. I am 100% certain that we will have a sustained campaign over time to invite SONAR users to the Mixcraft community. The company is so much like Cakewalk used to be in the early days that it's scary! Very cool company. Thanks, Anthony
synkrotron
pwalpwal
hi anthony, are you offering a cross-grade price for sonar users?

That would help... Extended quite a bit beyond all this Black Friday shenanigans...

Trying to use products like Kontakt is annoying in Mixcraft.  You have to search far for a video on how to work it.  If you are a heavy Kontakt user Mixcraft is not a good choice.
2017/11/22 16:27:17
aidanodr
We are spoiled with Sonar and such a high bar I think right down to the UI. I tried MIXCRAFT for a while just to see, loading VSTs is not as intuitive to me as it is in Sonar.

I reckon Sonar will be hard to replace for me :( .. As I said elsehere .. I will wait and see where Sonar goes, I think it is not dead, its too good to be dead / not snapped up ... in my opinion!

And i love PROCHANNEL & the whole UI layout, Skylight interface

2017/11/22 16:48:55
june61944
I totally agree with the above post.  Downloaded the full Studio One demo last night and have been playing around with it since then.  There are some things I like but obviously not nearly as comfortable to me as a longtime Sonar user.  Sonar just makes so much sense after all this time.  I'm not in any hurry to leave but do worry about compatibility later on.  I'll unplug my studio machine once I'm done running any updates from CC.
2017/11/22 17:10:42
jackroller
Reaper is only $60.
2017/11/22 17:20:24
mmarton
Just had a look at Mixcraft.  Interesting, anyone compared Mixcraft to Studio One?
2017/11/22 17:56:48
Sacalait
Like a lot of others have said, there's really no hurry to jump into something else.  But I'm evaluating all the stuff out there.  I happen to be in Louisiana and not far from Presonus' headquarters.  They're good folks.  I'll absolutely try Studio One here in the next couple of weeks. 
2017/11/22 18:02:49
dcumpian
Mitch_I
I've looked at the Studio One 3 reference manual (13% the number of pages as the Sonar manual) and also at some online tutorials and demos, and I'm having a hard time getting excited about it. I use software synths and hardware synths, and I do a lot of editing in Sonar's staff view. In the manual and tutorials, I didn't see any equivalent to Sonar's staff view or MIDI event list. Studio One seems to have a nice feature set for audio, but very little for MIDI editing. Of course, I'd be happy to be contradicted by an experienced S1 user.

I don't want to jump until I find a product that has the features I need.

Mitch I.

Not true at all. I haven't found any midi editing features missing yet. What is different is there is no "Smart Tool", so you'll actually need to learn new keyboard shortcuts to be productive.

Regards,
Dan
2017/11/22 18:06:23
Starise
Mixcraft- wonderful for home studio mixers, weekend warriors and such so long as you don't want to get too complex.Like a pimped version of Garageband. It offers a lot for the asking price.It might do all you need it to do though.

Studio One- It has the capability to go  deeper than Mixcraft and offers more features.

Cubase- If you used the deep midi functions in Sonar, this is probably your best choice.More of a learning curve. The other two can do similar, they aren't as complex in midi DEEPER editing functions. Really nothing can replace what Sonar does completely. As in any daw decision it's subjective depending on what you want to do and how you like to do it.
2017/11/22 18:12:48
sharke
Not a lot of people mentioning Bitwig here. Personally I think it looks like an awesome DAW and its global modulation feature is something I could really use. However I wrote it off because it apparently doesn't do time signature changes. Unless someone can correct me.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account