• Software
  • Presonus May Offer a Special "Crossgrade" to Cakewalk Users (p.8)
2017/11/22 18:21:02
mmarton
Thanks, I'm not a POWER midi user but don't want something that's not intuitive either.  I'm not totally bailing on Sonar yet but coincidentally last night I can't run Plugin Manager from the drop down, it's not there.  I had a crash on a simple project and can now only open it from inserting a plug in the fx bin.  Weird.  In any case the writing's on the wall.  I feel it's better to get into a new DAW sooner than later, I'm not getting any younger and I have quite a few projects coming up and a new album to finish in the new year and I just don't like the thought/feeling of a possible dead DAW looming...
2017/11/22 18:30:24
aconte22
As a former VP of Sales at Cakewalk for 12 years, and now VP of Sales at Acoustica for the last five years, we would greatly appreciate your kind consideration to take a serious look at Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio. It will surprise many of you. It is maturing like a fine wine with each new version. At $179 (on sale this weekend for $99), now includes side-chaining, VST3 and MP4 support, 64-bit and 32-bit, live recording to performance panel grids and professional video editing. Includes integrated Melodyne Essentials directly into the sound edit tab, and one-click simultaneous publishing to soundcloud, mixcloud, youtube, FB, tumblr and your other music and video sites. Check it out at  the Acoustica website.

Please allow me to point out the intangibles. We are a small software-only company focusing on the PC (like the early days of Cakewalk). We have a CTO who came from Sonic Foundry and worked on Acid and Vegas, which is why you will see that the Loop Library asset management and video editing are far superior than any other DAW on the market today. Mixcraft 8 is for real!
2017/11/22 19:32:05
mmarton
What if I own Melodyne Studio 4?  Does it take over?
2017/11/22 19:32:38
anxiousmofo
aconte22
As a former VP of Sales at Cakewalk for 12 years, and now VP of Sales at Acoustica for the last five years, we would greatly appreciate your kind consideration to take a serious look at Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio. It will surprise many of you. It is maturing like a fine wine with each new version. At $179 (on sale this weekend for $99), now includes side-chaining, VST3 and MP4 support, 64-bit and 32-bit, live recording to performance panel grids and professional video editing. Includes integrated Melodyne Essentials directly into the sound edit tab, and one-click simultaneous publishing to soundcloud, mixcloud, youtube, FB, tumblr and your other music and video sites. Check it out at  the Acoustica website.

Please allow me to point out the intangibles. We are a small software-only company focusing on the PC (like the early days of Cakewalk). We have a CTO who came from Sonic Foundry and worked on Acid and Vegas, which is why you will see that the Loop Library asset management and video editing are far superior than any other DAW on the market today. Mixcraft 8 is for real!

Spam much?
2017/11/22 19:40:14
aconte22
Hi mmarton. Thank you for the inquiry. Yes it will. Your upgraded version, in this instance Melodyne Studio 4, will take over and even integrate into the Mixcraft 8 sound tab too.
mmarton
What if I own Melodyne Studio 4?  Does it take over?

2017/11/22 19:49:04
mmarton
Thanks!
2017/11/22 19:52:14
aidanodr
Over at the FACEBOOK GROUP - "Cakewalk Sonar User Group (CSUG)"

Just a heads up if anyone is interested, PreSonus will launch a special crossgrade price especially for Sonar users, which they will announce next week. Also, Studio One 3.53 update is out next week.

Question is .. will it be less than there current BF offer :D

2017/11/22 19:56:10
Starise
I already have Studio One 3 and love it. I always looked at programs like Mixcraft as basic home studio software. The one thing that caught my eye was the performance and loop functions since I'm building backing tracks. For 99.00 on sale I might bite and have both. Is this a black Friday sale on Mixcraft?

I just need to look at my HDD space 
2017/11/22 20:16:12
Piotr
Sacalait
I spoke with Rick Naqvi of Presonus.  He's aware of the issue with Cakewalk and said that by next week they may be offering a special crossgrade to Cakewalk users.  However, I have no idea what that actually means. 

To be honest it sounds not too good... Now there is the absolutely best time if Presonus is seriously thinking of intercepting as many Sonarians as possible.
1. Because there is a little panic here which simulates making fast decisions...
2. And BF is very close with possible best offers in the year... So many of decided to change their DAW will make a choice and spend their money for new DAW...

I think on the next week for sure some Sonarians will be after BF shopping with new DAW. So if some of them decided turn to other DAW than PO3 it would  be less likely they would want to buy another DAW again fast... In fact good offer can make quite a lot of people turn their attention to side which will take an opportunity from what happened after Gibson's turn...
2017/11/22 20:19:13
aidanodr
From the FACEBOOK GROUP - "Cakewalk Sonar User Group (CSUG)"

Just a heads up if anyone is interested, PreSonus will launch a special crossgrade price especially for Sonar users, which they will announce next week. Also, Studio One 3.53 update is out next week.

AND LATEST:

the Sonar Crossgrade offer is going to be around $149

However .. I cannot defo vouch for this info as it appears to be added by a user who may / may not be working for Presonus. Caveat emptor of course, go to the FB group to check further

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account