• Software
  • Nomad Factory Black Friday (Good for Post-Sonar unlocking) (p.2)
2017/11/30 04:11:34
yevster
Magma has some nice features, such as parallel routing and modulation of all the parameters. It’s good for some creative processing.
2017/11/30 08:34:03
dubdisciple
I actually like their version of Pultec despite the unnecessary extras they added
2017/11/30 12:44:34
sergiosimoes
yevster
Magma has some nice features, such as parallel routing and modulation of all the parameters. It’s good for some creative processing.

OK, the effects per se are not the most interesting feature, IMO, but the routing and modulation capabilities (esp for 3rd party plugins) seems  rather nice. I read some other posts here and there and found that it is not being updated since 2013 (the pass of Bernie Torelli?) and that there are numerous complaints of magma crashing some DAWs.

I'd like to ask about the experience of magma users here; how stable is it in Sonar Platinum latest version or any other DAW you have used it with (I'm particularly interested in SO3, Live and Cubase).

TIA.
2017/11/30 18:57:23
sergiosimoes
Bump... 'cause the thread has been moved from another room
2017/11/30 19:04:30
dmbaer
Haven't looked at the sale, but anytime you can pick up the full bundle for 99 bucks (it's been offered at that price at least twice), I would recommend you just go for it.  I disagree with the "quantity over quality" assessment.  Yes there are lots of plug-ins, but there are at least a dozen genuine gems there.  At eight bucks apiece, that's in no-brainer territory IMO.
2017/11/30 20:21:23
yevster
dmbaer
Haven't looked at the sale, but anytime you can pick up the full bundle for 99 bucks (it's been offered at that price at least twice), I would recommend you just go for it.  I disagree with the "quantity over quality" assessment.  Yes there are lots of plug-ins, but there are at least a dozen genuine gems there.  At eight bucks apiece, that's in no-brainer territory IMO.

The "quantity over quality" bit referred to Magma modules, not NF plugs in general. I'm a big fan of NF - had its founder Bernie not passed away too soon, I think we would have seen a lot more output from them than we have of late. Still, Bluetubes, Magnetic, Echoes, Pulse-Tech (especially the pre-amp module omitted from many competing emulations) are all well worth owning, IMHO.
2017/12/01 21:12:14
dmbaer
yevster
Still, Bluetubes, Magnetic, Echoes, Pulse-Tech (especially the pre-amp module omitted from many competing emulations) are all well worth owning, IMHO.

The three Analog Signature (not at my DAW, so I might have slightly misnamed them) plug-ins are superb.  Do not overdrive them or they sound like crap.  Feed them gently and they produce magic, IMO.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account