• Software
  • STORAGE RECOVERY FROM INSTALLING DEMO'S
2017/12/02 14:49:15
JohnEgan
Good day, 
Can anyone tell where to look to recover significant C drive storage taken up in loading and using demo software. 
I download to secondary drives, but install to C:, Ive uninstalled all demo's and related programs I could see through Control panel, but dont seem to recover much space, and Im talking like in the order of ~ 50G of space? 
I also notice some small glitches in Sonar processing I didn't have before doing all this demo-ing  like when bouncing clips and exporting mixes, I see little windows popping up quickly that seem to relate to AI (RME-UFX) channels, they flash pretty quickly so hard to see exactly what they are, albeit all seems to work OK, its just unfamiliar.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers  
2017/12/02 15:05:52
DeeringAmps
Generally the "program" files take up very little space. Its the included VSTi's that are generally disc "hogs".
I'm always very careful to make sure these don't go on the C drive.
Unfortunately that is not always "easy"!
You'll have to "chase" them down and delete.
OR, int the future, image your drive BEFORE you install, then you can revert to the pre-demo state.
HTH,
T
2017/12/02 15:13:16
JohnEgan
K, seems I recovered a lot if anyone else has this issue under

C:\Users\John\Downloads\Steinberg\WIN64  = ~ 40 gig in space

Although I downloaded all Cubase stuff to my E drive, it seems to all also show up here also, both zip and unzipped files.

Cheers 
2017/12/02 15:18:20
DeeringAmps
OUCH!
But typical, unfortunately.
BTW, just checked, the only user/Tom/downloads I have is the Studio One installer, 117mb,
and that was the 3.5.x update I ran yesterday.

T
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account