2008/06/12 19:33:46
fac

I found this site with some full-length Mellotron multi-samples:

http://www.leisureland.us/audio/MellotronSamples/MellotronSamples.htm

It should be quite easy to make the corresponding .sfz files for Dimension Pro and Rapture (if anyone does, please share them with the rest ).
2008/06/12 20:47:26
AT
cool. Im a sucker for the mellotron.

this looks a little like some free SF's I found once, tho this is more complete.

Thanks,

@
2008/06/13 00:56:36
b rock
TB - sfz for Mellotron Samples (individual samples)
- for use with the 175 individual sample downloads listed at the Leisureland USA link
--No longer available for download--

TB - sfz for Mellotron Samples Update (zipped samples)
- for use with the 8 compiled .zip downloads (plus the Gong sample) listed at the Leisureland USA link

These files will work in Rapture or Rapture LE, Dimension Pro or Dimension LE. Untested in the original Dimension (Project5).
Extract this .zip file to the Multisamples folder of your preferred synth. A folder called Mellotron Samples will be created.

The .sfz files are under Mellotron Samples, as are five sub-folders for the sample files.
Move or download the samples from the Leisureland USA link to the appropriate folder of the same name.

Use the Load Multisample dialog to load the Mellotron mappings. Up to four 'tape racks' in Dimension Pro / LE; 6 in Rapture / LE.
There's an 8-second Amp EG & polyphony limits embedded in each file. You can override those settings in the upgraded versions.

Enable a LP1 filter in any of these synths as an overall 'tone control'. You're on your own for the 'tape' wow & flutter.

Edit Update: Since the date of this original post, composite .zip files have been added to the link with a different file name convention.
Select the correct set of .sfz files to match your method of downloading.
Edit Update 2: Since the date of this original post, the individual sample files have been removed from the source link.
2008/06/13 01:50:36
kayehl
b rock it is so good of you to share your time and expertise
thank you
2008/06/13 04:39:15
MurderDethKill
Wow! Thanks Fac & b rock!!!
2008/06/13 05:39:33
Fog
dunno if this is use to others, I use it a lot though

http://www.httrack.com/

so you don't have to spend ages clicking links for the individual audio files, been using it for years.

along with freedownloadmanager (.org)

I'm sure there's other ways of doing the same thing, but that's what I use anyway as it keeps the folders.
2008/06/13 08:32:22
fac

ORIGINAL: b rock

TB - sfz for Mellotron Samples

Thanks, Tom! I knew someone would come up with the sfz's.

I haven't had the chance to download the samples myself, but I will. Even though I own M-Tron, it would be interesting to run those sounds through the Dimension Pro / Rapture LE engines.
2008/06/13 16:35:21
MurderDethKill
I did, and I love the 8 second or so cut-off.
I've started layering my own Mellotron Programs - in one I loaded the tb - mkii combined brass.sfz into 2 elements and shifted E2 down -12 for a real scary Fiday the 13th type sound...:)

First, I reset:
eg15_time2=4  eg15_level2=1 eg15_time3=.005  eg15_level3=0

to balance out the cutoffs and saved it as TB - MkII Combined Brass shifted.sfz, and then loaded it in as the second element before I shifted it down -12

- hope I explained that right...
2008/06/14 08:23:44
b rock
- hope I explained that right...
You did. Good to hear from the 'college crowd', MDK.

When you start constructing multiple Element .progs, keep in mind that I boosted the sample levels in each .sfz file.
Make adjustments to compensate for added Elements, either in the 'volume=5' opcode [dB], or using the Element's Vol controls in the Mixer.
2008/06/14 12:59:36
Jan Geerts
Looks good. I followed all the steps, but I got stuck at 'Load Multisample'. Where can you do that?

thanks

Jan
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account