2008/06/17 09:18:00
kp
Ignore - needs to be in a folder called Mellotron samples - I think this can be fixed by amending the path in the sfz though, which would make things much more portable?

<control> default_path=.\Combined Choir (8-Voice Choir + Boy's Choir)\
2008/06/20 08:26:27
b rock
needs to be in a folder called Mellotron samples - I think this can be fixed by amending the path in the sfz though, which would make things much more portable?
Editing the .sfz files is a great way to make them portable, or customize them for your own usage. I don't think that "fixed" would be the right term here, though. I wrote them this way intentionally for several reasons:

Compatibility - If the instructions are followed, everyone has the exact same file locations, regardless of system.
Accessibility - All the Mellotron Sounds are gathered in one place, instead of scattered throughout the Multisamples folder.
Separation - There's reasonable assurance that identically named samples aren't overwritten by another instrument set.
Expandability - With at least four more Mellotron sets in the works, the files under this structure can be updated easily.
2008/07/07 00:02:03
dredd i knight
big up to fac and b rock!
B rock your consistantly generous and good-willed approach to newbies and everybody else on these forums leaves me in awe! (and puts others to shame.)
you got karma man!
thanks again
2008/07/30 21:26:52
rm5700@optonline.net

ORIGINAL: fac

I found this site with some full-length Mellotron multi-samples:

http://www.leisureland.us/audio/MellotronSamples/MellotronSamples.htm

It should be quite easy to make the corresponding .sfz files for Dimension Pro and Rapture (if anyone does, please share them with the rest ).

Thanks for this, I am a big mellotron fan. The Yes album Topographic Oceans is almost all mellotron hehe
Well not quite "all", but it's great how it is used on those older records. Even on some new stuff here and there
2008/07/30 21:33:45
rm5700@optonline.net

ORIGINAL: b rock

For the people who downloaded the later version
I've added another set of .sfz files, and edited my original reply above to reflect the new developments.

For the newer files (mixed sharps & flats used):
TB - sfz for Mellotron Samples (zipped samples)
- for use with the 5 compiled .zip downloads listed at the Leisureland USA link

The original files (all flats used):
TB - sfz for Mellotron Samples (individual samples)
- for use with the 175 individual sample downloads listed at the Leisureland USA link

Thanks for setting these up with the sfz files, very cool! I downloaded all the samples and the files you made, but have yet to test it out with Dimension LE or Sfz in Sonar.
2008/08/25 14:35:52
scook
new samples have been added
here is the announcement
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=225602
2008/09/03 23:11:15
lightninrick
ORIGINAL: Jan Geerts

Looks good. I followed all the steps, but I got stuck at 'Load Multisample'. Where can you do that?

thanks

Jan

I found that I had to change the folder names to get the .sfz files to come up. Fortunately, Dropzone put out a message in the form of a text file describing exactly where it was looking for the samples, so easy to set up the right folder structures.

Regards, lightninrick
2008/09/07 12:04:48
b rock
I found that I had to change the folder names to get the .sfz files to come up.
I made some corrections. Evidently, I uploaded my test platform instead of the finals, while attempting to keep up with the file name changes at the source site (Leisureland USA). Additionally, the 175 individual sample downloads have now been removed from that site. The original installation instructions above should now work again. Understand that I'm at the mercy of any changes that the sample provider decides to implement.

I've added the newest three sets of Mellotron Sounds (M300A, M300B, and Woodwinds 2) to the .sfz pack. Some of these samples aren't the greatest quality (see KVR Forum topic here). I also tossed in a mapping of the single Gong sample provided by 'taijiguy'.

It didn't make much sense to map that across all 35 keys. I 'centered' it at middle C, and allowed the notes above & below that to exhibit an interesting pitch shift. The Gong will cut off, Mellotron-style, upon key release. If you'd like the samples to sustain, gong-like, add a variable amount of mod wheel just prior to triggering the keys on your controller. It will hold off the sample release by up to 15 seconds.

TB - sfz for Mellotron Samples Update (zipped samples)
2008/09/07 13:04:14
chad

ORIGINAL: b rock
I also tossed in a mapping of the single Gong sample provided by 'taijiguy'.

Thanks for sharing! There's some good sonic mileage to get out of that Gong sample. Especially when used with Dimension/Rapture FX.

Try:
Insert FX | Symphonic | Feedback 100% | LFO Freq 0.1 | LFO Depth 5.3%

2008/09/07 13:17:10
Kev999
Some of these samples aren't the greatest quality...

There appears to be some clipping on most of the M300A samples.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account