• Features & Ideas
  • A keyboard shortcut or button to open/close ALL track folders
2015/05/11 05:16:35
icontakt
I don't know why I never request this before. I absolutely need it.
I hope implementing it will also fix the current open/close folder button issue...
2015/05/11 08:08:52
BobF
This obviously makes sense, but my preference would be a more robust keyboard shortcut function that allows users to access *everything* while creating their own shortcuts.  The there would be no need for one-off requests to a development team to create these things.

2015/05/11 08:21:29
icontakt
BobF
This obviously makes sense, but my preference would be a more robust keyboard shortcut function that allows users to access *everything* while creating their own shortcuts.  The there would be no need for one-off requests to a development team to create these things. 

I basically agree, but even if we were allowed to make any exixting command or feature key-bindable, this one would still need to be requested, since there's no existing command/feature to open/close all track folders at once. Even a macro wouldn't be able to do it perfectly, since the number of track folders varies from project to project.
2015/05/11 08:29:41
BobF
icontakt
BobF

I basically agree, but even if we were allowed to make any exixting command or feature key-bindable, this one would still need to be requested, since there's no existing command/feature to open/close all track folders at once. Even a macro wouldn't be able to do it perfectly, since the number of track folders varies from project to project.

That's my point every time I type this.  To have more things exposed to make more user definable shortcuts possible.  I'll add something to my standard blurb to make sure that's more clear  :)
2015/05/11 09:13:10
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
You can keybind "Open/close the folder" which then works on the currently selected track and opens/closes the folder the track is in...
2015/05/11 09:21:55
icontakt
Yeah, I had assigned Alt+F to that command and have been using it (since the default key combination is hard to press), but unfortunately it doesn't open/close ALL folders at once even when I select all tracks in the project beforehand.
2015/05/11 14:45:12
stevec
Personally, I think this should probably work as all Quick Group commands should work - select the desired items and then Ctrl+Click on the applicable widget/control.

2015/05/11 22:07:15
icontakt
That's probably better, because, sometimes you only want to close 3 or 4 folders. Roughly selecting some of the tracks in those folders by dragging on the track numbers downward and then CTRL-click one of the folders would be a quick way of achieving that. The problem is, sometimes dragging on the track numbers down fails to select the tracks dragged on, and for the life of me I can't figure out why.
2015/05/12 08:02:42
BobF
stevec
Personally, I think this should probably work as all Quick Group commands should work - select the desired items and then Ctrl+Click on the applicable widget/control.

That prolly is best for this specific case.

I still would like to see *everything* exposed to the shortcut feature. 
2015/05/13 15:21:13
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
stevec

This particular suggestion should be considered for all for future updates - actually this could be a feature request by itself: make "Quick Grouping" or "Ctrl+Click" (whatever you call it) consistently available for whatever action is taken in Sonar ... which would include the open/close folders requested here, the freeze all selected tracks requested a few weeks ago, ... 

I'm sure we could compile a short list of time savers that would really speed up the workflow ...

And if we had that, wouldn't it be nice to save/recall selections e.g. hit a key that's bound to selection range A (which could be e.g pan automation lanes of 3 guitar tracks and a synth track of the 2 second hook that still needs work) or selection range B (LC automation lanes of several layered pad tracks in the intro) ... basically hit a key and bring back the selection that needs edits or exports ...

Someone could think this further ... don't want to hijack this thread but this could be handy ...
one could even see this work in conjunction with the also discussed arranger track a la cubase
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account