• Software
  • A message from Rick Naqvi—VP of Sales, PreSonus Audio Electronics
2017/11/27 21:24:29
Karyn
http://blog.presonus.com/index.php/presonus-cakewalk-crossgrade-offer/

Rick Naqvi
Dear Cakewalk Customers,
We were just as shocked as you were to hear about the closing of Cakewalk. Although they were one our competitors, we have a huge amount of respect for them and there is no doubt that they have been one of the pioneers in computer-based recording as well as innovators in our industry for 30 years. We also had several friends within the company who lost their jobs, and we are truly sorry to hear about this. This sort of thing is never good for our industry—it affects the employees and their families as well as all of the customers who gave their loyal support for so many years.
With that in mind, we wanted to extend an open invitation for you to become part of the PreSonus Studio One community.
We typically offer a significant discount for customers that are coming from other DAWs to Studio One so that they can get it for about 25% off the price of a standalone copy of Studio One Professional. However, through the end of this year, we want Cakewalk customers to be able to to enjoy Studio One Professional at half off the existing crossgrade price—around $149 USD; exact pricing and currency will vary by region, of course.
We will offer this special crossgrade through a handful of select dealers worldwide and also through our direct shop.

So to summarise ..  50% for Sonar cross grades until the end of the year.
2017/11/27 21:42:37
Zargg
Thanks for sharing, Karyn.
All the best.
2017/11/27 21:58:35
PAL Music
$149.That's pretty generous and actually better than any third party Black Friday deal. The best deal up until today was Audio Deluxe at 168.89 and that was with the extra 31% off. 

2017/11/27 22:12:06
michaelhanson
That looks really good and I am strongly considering.  
2017/11/27 22:30:35
RSMCGUITAR
I'm in.
2017/11/27 22:32:09
anydmusic
50% off from two competitors.

I think this is generous of both.
2017/11/27 22:37:17
cclarry
I was able to get it for less than the crossgrade price,
but if it's going to be $149 that's a good deal.  If the 
discounters carry it that will make it about $125
2017/11/27 22:45:01
Ken Matson
I'm in first thing tomorrow - been using the demo and loving it ...
2017/11/27 22:52:02
RSMCGUITAR
I can't find the forum where I originally got this link: https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=27570 
It's a welcoming message on the Presonus board for people migrating from Sonar.
Can someone explain this section:

Studio One Development Philosophy (generalizations)
  • Studio One has no MIDI!  This means that the developers created their own proprietary protocol within Studio One to better handle the original MIDI spec resolutions and timings. Does it communicate with Hardware or Virtual Instruments via MIDI? Yes. Is it as mature as a 30-year-old DAW that got it beginnings with MIDI? No.
2017/11/27 22:54:43
jude77
I'm still heartbroken over CW.  Changing to another DAW right now feels sort of like dating right after your beloved wife of 30 years died.  But, $149 is an amazing price and you gotta jump back in the pool sometime.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account