• Software
  • A message from Rick Naqvi—VP of Sales, PreSonus Audio Electronics (p.2)
2017/11/27 22:55:59
Larry Jones
RSMCGUITAR
I can't find the forum where I originally got this link: https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=27570 
It's a welcoming message on the Presonus board for people migrating from Sonar.
Can someone explain this section:

Studio One Development Philosophy (generalizations)
  • Studio One has no MIDI!  This means that the developers created their own proprietary protocol within Studio One to better handle the original MIDI spec resolutions and timings. Does it communicate with Hardware or Virtual Instruments via MIDI? Yes. Is it as mature as a 30-year-old DAW that got it beginnings with MIDI? No.

Yeah, I found that one kind of inexplicable, too, especially since I've been testing the Studio One demo with MIDI for three days and it's been working fine, from dragging loops to recording synths to editing MIDI notes. I guess they mean they "don't do MIDI" but they have some kind of internal translator. In any case, it works seamlessly (for me).
2017/11/27 22:56:49
Karyn
RSMCGUITAR
I can't find the forum where I originally got this link: https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=27570 
It's a welcoming message on the Presonus board for people migrating from Sonar.
Can someone explain this section:

Studio One Development Philosophy (generalizations)
  • Studio One has no MIDI!  This means that the developers created their own proprietary protocol within Studio One to better handle the original MIDI spec resolutions and timings. Does it communicate with Hardware or Virtual Instruments via MIDI? Yes. Is it as mature as a 30-year-old DAW that got it beginnings with MIDI? No.

Simply, SO doesn't use Midi internally,  You attach Midi devices (real or virtual) and from there on the internal data is their own proprietary system.
2017/11/27 22:59:25
Larry Jones
Karyn
http://blog.presonus.com/index.php/presonus-cakewalk-crossgrade-offer/

Rick Naqvi
Dear Cakewalk Customers,
...... through the end of this year, we want Cakewalk customers to be able to to enjoy Studio One Professional at half off the existing crossgrade price—around $149 USD; exact pricing and currency will vary by region, of course.
We will offer this special crossgrade through a handful of select dealers worldwide and also through our direct shop.

So to summarise ..  50% for Sonar cross grades until the end of the year.

Thanks for sharing this, Karyn. I was stressing over whether to buy now or wait for the Mystery Crossgrade Deal tomorrow. If I put the Stoli down right now I should be awake in time to make the purchase tomorrow morning.
2017/11/27 23:03:59
cclarry
It's landed at JRR

$125.16 with code GROUP

https://www.jrrshop.com/p...essional-crossgrade-v3
2017/11/27 23:07:59
trashman1965a
cclarry
It's landed at JRR

$125.16 with code GROUP

Is that avilable in UK or only US?

2017/11/27 23:11:10
cclarry
trashman1965a
cclarry
It's landed at JRR

$125.16 with code GROUP

It's a download code so should be available to you in the UK
2017/11/27 23:12:41
musical
cclarry
trashman1965a
cclarry
It's landed at JRR

$125.16 with code GROUP

It's a download code so should be available to you in the UK

I asked this elsewhere but... will any US dealers online sell this Studio One Pro crossgrade with Notion 6? There is an option to buy Notion 6 for Studio One Pro owners on the Presonus website but I'd like to buy it discounted and in $$$ without 20% sales tax, preferably at the same time as Studio One Pro. It is a shame that Presonus is not offering a bundled crossgrade too.
2017/11/27 23:13:58
cclarry
I don't think so Musical.
2017/11/27 23:18:04
Sacalait
Yeah, it's a deal.  I'm in.
2017/11/27 23:35:45
LuckyRed
It's my opinion that Studio One's offer is pretty ****!!!!! Five weeks or so to come up with the money to crossgrade to their DAW, it's like grab it while you can and oh dear, F***K the rest of you. I'm only a couple of months into my SPLAT renewal and what do you know christmas is just around the corner and I've got a family. It seems to me Studio One just wants to make a quick buck out of our misfortune having believed that Cakewalk was something worth continued investment in. If they really wanted to "HELP OUT" Sonar users they would have given more time for those of us who were hobby studios to raise the money for a crossgrade. Not all of us can justify putting it on a credit card when we have just survival bills to pay.
UnLuckyRed..........
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account