• Software
  • A message from Rick Naqvi—VP of Sales, PreSonus Audio Electronics (p.3)
2017/11/27 23:39:46
RSMCGUITAR
Pretty simple, if you can't afford it, don't buy it.
2017/11/27 23:41:49
Sacalait
According to Rick, Sweetwater will have this crossgrade pricing. 
2017/11/27 23:59:20
Karyn
LuckyRed
It's my opinion that Studio One's offer is pretty ****!!!!! Five weeks or so to come up with the money to crossgrade to their DAW, it's like grab it while you can and oh dear, F***K the rest of you. I'm only a couple of months into my SPLAT renewal and what do you know christmas is just around the corner and I've got a family. It seems to me Studio One just wants to make a quick buck out of our misfortune having believed that Cakewalk was something worth continued investment in. If they really wanted to "HELP OUT" Sonar users they would have given more time for those of us who were hobby studios to raise the money for a crossgrade. Not all of us can justify putting it on a credit card when we have just survival bills to pay.
UnLuckyRed..........

Or like everyone else, they could have let their 50% Black Friday deal expire today...  (Steinberg have yet to say how long their Sonar cross grade deal will last).

Or would you prefer to email PreSonus directly and ask them to simply cut their price list in half permanently?
2017/11/28 00:06:09
dwardzala
$149 is a great deal and to offer at that price through the end of the year is very generous.  That will everyone who hasn't already made up their mind a full 30 days to evaluate the demo before having to make a decision.
2017/11/28 00:20:01
kapelle
LuckyRed
It's my opinion that Studio One's offer is pretty ****!!!!! Five weeks or so to come up with the money to crossgrade to their DAW, it's like grab it while you can and oh dear, F***K the rest of you. I'm only a couple of months into my SPLAT renewal and what do you know christmas is just around the corner and I've got a family. It seems to me Studio One just wants to make a quick buck out of our misfortune having believed that Cakewalk was something worth continued investment in. If they really wanted to "HELP OUT" Sonar users they would have given more time for those of us who were hobby studios to raise the money for a crossgrade. Not all of us can justify putting it on a credit card when we have just survival bills to pay.
UnLuckyRed..........

I'm amazed at the psychopaths on this forum. I think a cross grade offer until the end of the year is amazingly generous. Thank you PreSonus!
2017/11/28 01:06:16
RSMCGUITAR
Anyone get their licence from JRR yet?
2017/11/28 01:41:15
mixmkr
yes... I also bought it yesterday and JRR says they don't see a problem with a credit/refund between yesterday's pricing and this new crossgrade offer.  We'll see, but the guy at JRR sounded very optimistic, depending on what Presonus says.  I hope so since I bought it within 24 hrs of this new pricing.
If not....well.... life goes on ;-)
2017/11/28 01:48:01
rj davis
Got a notice that the license will come after it is "manually generated" but...nothing yet.

Sad to have to say goodbye to CW, BUT...this is a really GREAT deal...
2017/11/28 01:49:57
RSMCGUITAR
rj davis
Got a notice that the license will come after it is "manually generated" but...nothing yet.

I got that too. Then I got this:

Hello,

Thank you for your order. This specially-priced Crossgrade is for Cakewalk Sonar owners only. If you do not own Cakewalk Sonar, I am sorry that we did not properly display this information for you before. Please reply to let us know if you need a refund.

If you do own Cakewalk Sonar, please visit the updated Studio One Crossgrade page for instructions on uploading your qualification documents. We cannot provide your Studio One Professional license to you until we have received these documents and gotten them approved by Presonus.

2017/11/28 02:05:20
mixmkr
you apparently have to submit to Presonus that you own Cakewalk, to get a "code" from them to be qualified to buy the crossgrade.  Read the blog at Presonus  (or it's linked on other threads here).  Says it may take a couple days to receive your code.  Basically you send a pic (screen capture) of your Sonar CCC page or your Sonar "info" page....or sales receipt.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account