• Software
  • A message from Rick Naqvi—VP of Sales, PreSonus Audio Electronics (p.4)
2017/11/28 02:07:21
RSMCGUITAR
mixmkr
you apparently have to submit to Presonus that you own Cakewalk, to get a "code" from them to be qualified to buy the crossgrade.  Read the blog at Presonus  (or it's linked on other threads here).  Says it may take a couple days to receive your code.  Basically you send a pic (screen capture) of your Sonar CCC page or your Sonar "info" page....or sales receipt.

I think if you buy from JRR you have to send them the documents (screenshot serial #) and they send it to Presonus. There isn't a place to but in a code you would receive from Presonus on JRR just a way to upload an image.
2017/11/28 02:14:09
bwbalint
I am just slightly confused.  The box in the ad at JRRshop shows Studio One 3.  The little videos on that ad page are of versions 3 and 3.2.  Although the most recent version of the demo I just got is 3.52

So at JRRshop, are we getting v3, 3.2, or v3.5?  the original pasted note of Rick Naqvi doesn't mention any version.  

What convention of advertising, selling and acquiring software am I missing here?  I do experience old versions of software are usually at significant discounts.  
2017/11/28 02:19:17
cameo96347@aol.com
Crossgrade for Cakewalk customers now listed for 299.95 at JRRshop?

2017/11/28 02:23:51
DarinBad
bwbalint
I am just slightly confused.  The box in the ad at JRRshop shows Studio One 3.  The little videos on that ad page are of versions 3 and 3.2.  Although the most recent version of the demo I just got is 3.52

So at JRRshop, are we getting v3, 3.2, or v3.5?  the original pasted note of Rick Naqvi doesn't mention any version.  

What convention of advertising, selling and acquiring software am I missing here?  I do experience old versions of software are usually at significant discounts.  

Version 3 will get you v3.52. Presonus have not charged for point releases as of yet.
2017/11/28 02:48:53
soens
rj davis
Got a notice that the license will come after it is "manually generated" but...nothing yet.

Check your junkmail box. Mine was in there FSR.
2017/11/28 02:54:03
bwbalint
DarinBad, Thank you for your answer.  I do remember reading somewhere that Presonus hasnt charged for point releases.  Now I have read it twice!  Appreciate it.  
2017/11/28 03:36:13
DarinBad
bwbalint
DarinBad, Thank you for your answer.  I do remember reading somewhere that Presonus hasnt charged for point releases.  Now I have read it twice!  Appreciate it.  

Yeah. Presonus have been very generous about that. Their point releases have contained added features that most companies would charge an upgrade fee for.

I feel terrible about what has happened with Cakewalk, but I think many Sonar users will be pleasantly surprised with both Presonus and Studio One.
2017/11/28 06:51:16
Grem
I upgraded my S1 version 2 to this latest version 3.5

It was a real good deal for me.

Also think both Presonus and Cubase offers are nice. Neither company had to do a damn thing. The fact that they did, at such a short notice too, speaks volumes for both companies. 
2017/11/28 07:47:26
rj davis
soens
rj davis
Got a notice that the license will come after it is "manually generated" but...nothing yet.

Check your junkmail box. Mine was in there FSR.

Still don't have that email from JRRShop (even in junk), but the updated "message from Rick" page says to send proof of ownership to crossgrades@Presonus.com, so I did.  Note that this is sending proof to Presonus directly, not via JRRShop.  We'll see...
2017/11/28 08:02:41
DarinBad
Grem

Also think both Presonus and Cubase offers are nice. Neither company had to do a damn thing. The fact that they did, at such a short notice too, speaks volumes for both companies. 

I agree. You really can't go wrong with either one of them. I very much prefer the workflow of Studio One, but Cubase is just a beast (in a good way). If your work is primarily MIDI based, Cubase is probably the best fit for you at the moment.

My work is primarily audio oriented. My use of MIDI is usually limited to drums and keys. Studio One is just about perfect for me. I do have a copy of Cubase Pro that I keep keep updated. The latest version is stellar, but my needs are better suited to Studio One at the moment.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account