• Software
  • A message from Rick Naqvi—VP of Sales, PreSonus Audio Electronics (p.5)
2017/11/28 10:52:42
synkrotron
I emailed PreSonus yesterday, asking about the crossgrade.

In my inbox this morning I got a message from PreSonus support telling me to access my account at their site and there was an answer waiting for me there.

Once at the checkout, and I had added a coupon, as directed, the price came down to $168.27 (converted to £130.59). The Black Friday deal at PreSonus was £172.20, so I call that a result, and I took them up on their offer.

That said, it was probably a bit reckless of me and I now have fully paid up versions of SONAR Platinum, Reaper and Studio One 3.

I fully intend to stay with SONAR so Reaper and Studio One 3 are my insurance policies, if you like. I have been enjoying my time, over the weekend, getting to grips with SO3...

Cheers, and thanks to PreSonus,

andy
2017/11/28 11:07:10
glisando
Who is the other competitor?
2017/11/28 11:09:56
Mully
Thx for the heads up all...PreSonus does have some points in the bank as they have hardware options that last longer than Roland's. 
Hope I like them....
2017/11/28 11:57:19
cclarry

2017/11/28 11:58:35
cclarry
synkrotron
I emailed PreSonus yesterday, asking about the crossgrade.

In my inbox this morning I got a message from PreSonus support telling me to access my account at their site and there was an answer waiting for me there.

Once at the checkout, and I had added a coupon, as directed, the price came down to $168.27 (converted to £130.59). The Black Friday deal at PreSonus was £172.20, so I call that a result, and I took them up on their offer.

That said, it was probably a bit reckless of me and I now have fully paid up versions of SONAR Platinum, Reaper and Studio One 3.

I fully intend to stay with SONAR so Reaper and Studio One 3 are my insurance policies, if you like. I have been enjoying my time, over the weekend, getting to grips with SO3...

Cheers, and thanks to PreSonus,

andy

THIS may actually work to your benefit.  Sometimes crossgrades force you to surrender your
existing License to get the crossgrade.

I, too, bought the FULL version, specifically to avoid this type of situation.  That way no matter
what, I'm safe from "disaster".
2017/11/28 13:37:38
synkrotron
cclarry

THIS may actually work to your benefit.  Sometimes crossgrades force you to surrender your
existing License to get the crossgrade.

Hi Larry, yeah, I hadn't given this much thought to be honest, so I just went ahead regardless. I've double checked the T's and C's and I can't see any mention of surrendering our SONAR license. Fingers crossed this is the case, or else I would have to deactivate SO3 until SONAR no longer works for me.

cheers

andy
2017/11/28 14:20:30
Karyn
Crossgrade is different to Trade in.

Trade in is about getting money back (or discounts) in return for what you hand over.
Crossgrade is all about offering incentives to switch allegiance from one manufacturer to another.

As Cakewalk is no longer trading, crossgrade offers are either to entice users away from the remaining competition, or a genuine offer of help.  As most of the crossgrade offers are very similar in nature we must assume that there is a least a little bit of philanthropy.

At the end of the day, the other DAW producers gain more customers and Sonar users get cheap entry into replacement DAWs.  I don't see an issue.
2017/11/28 14:33:29
synkrotron
Karyn
Crossgrade is different to Trade in.

Trade in is about getting money back (or discounts) in return for what you hand over.
Crossgrade is all about offering incentives to switch allegiance from one manufacturer to another.

As Cakewalk is no longer trading, crossgrade offers are either to entice users away from the remaining competition, or a genuine offer of help.  As most of the crossgrade offers are very similar in nature we must assume that there is a least a little bit of philanthropy.

At the end of the day, the other DAW producers gain more customers and Sonar users get cheap entry into replacement DAWs.  I don't see an issue.

Thanks Karyn, so I simply don't have a problem and, after all, I can only use one DAW at a time anyway.

I'll be honest, this is the first time ever that I have taken advantage of a "crossgrade," so I wasn't really sure.

The end cost, coupled with the quick reply to my original query, and the fact that I have been using it for nearly a week now, with interesting results, convinced me to part with my hard earned (in my opinion) cash.

Still some issues I have to address, like bank/program changes to my MIDI hardware, but not quite a show stopper.

cheers

andy
2017/11/28 14:55:55
subtlearts
synkrotron

Heh... Yeah that can happen... I have Splat (which has now, it would seem, gone Splat!), Reason 10, Live 9, and I just bought Mixbus for $29, because $29 (and I've heard interesting things about it as a mix environment)... and I'm *still* interested in this deal (more so than Cubase, ironically since I actually used Cubase for several years long long ago before I discovered Sonar). And still harbouring a vague back-burner interest in Reaper and, increasingly, Mixcraft, especially since I've been hearing good things about it from people here.

Step 1: admit that you have a problem...

(And let's not even get started on Vat/i's!)
2017/11/28 15:17:41
synkrotron
subtlearts
Step 1: admit that you have a problem...

Haha! Yeah! I have a problem... Just don't tell the missus...

Could be worse, I could be addicted to online gambling! At least I have something to show (in a virtual sense) for all that expenditure
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account