• Software
  • A message from Rick Naqvi—VP of Sales, PreSonus Audio Electronics (p.6)
2017/11/28 15:33:15
Mesh
Since I'm mostly an audio guy, I'm leaning towards Studio One 3 (also seeing this is a very nice deal). I still have a copy of Studio One 1 Artist (yes, the first one), but haven't played much with it. I'd like to use Splat as long as possible, but would hate to be stuck without a DAW. Good to see there's a month left to make the jump.....
2017/11/28 15:47:00
Joe_A
I have a version of Live that came with the Focusrite 18i20 2nd gen I bought last year. I wonder if that will lower the cost of an Ableton "upgrade". Although I'm looking at SO Pro too, and now maybe Cubase. Lord knows...
2017/11/28 16:01:43
Drocket
synkrotron
Karyn
Crossgrade is different to Trade in.

Trade in is about getting money back (or discounts) in return for what you hand over.
Crossgrade is all about offering incentives to switch allegiance from one manufacturer to another.

As Cakewalk is no longer trading, crossgrade offers are either to entice users away from the remaining competition, or a genuine offer of help.  As most of the crossgrade offers are very similar in nature we must assume that there is a least a little bit of philanthropy.

At the end of the day, the other DAW producers gain more customers and Sonar users get cheap entry into replacement DAWs.  I don't see an issue.

Thanks Karyn, so I simply don't have a problem and, after all, I can only use one DAW at a time anyway.

I'll be honest, this is the first time ever that I have taken advantage of a "crossgrade," so I wasn't really sure.

The end cost, coupled with the quick reply to my original query, and the fact that I have been using it for nearly a week now, with interesting results, convinced me to part with my hard earned (in my opinion) cash.

Still some issues I have to address, like bank/program changes to my MIDI hardware, but not quite a show stopper.

cheers

andy

Hi synkrotron,

You can carry on using SONAR along side Studio One, I have for a number of years now and it has never been an issue.

As Karyn said above, it is a crossgrade not a trade in.

Andrew.
2017/11/28 16:08:12
synkrotron
Drocket

Hi synkrotron,

You can carry on using SONAR along side Studio One, I have for a number of years now and it has never been an issue.

Andrew.

Thank you for confirming that Andrew
2017/11/28 16:24:07
jmasno5
No-brainer...  $126  I'm feeling better. 
2017/11/28 16:30:45
subtlearts
synkrotron
subtlearts
Step 1: admit that you have a problem...

Haha! Yeah! I have a problem... Just don't tell the missus...

She probably already knows. In my experience, they are not half as unobservant as we optimistically convince ourselves they are.

Could be worse, I could be addicted to online gambling! At least I have something to show (in a virtual sense) for all that expenditure 

No, you only have something to show for it if you stop looking at stuff you don't have but might want to pick up one day, and actually make some music with the stuff you already have. Extra points if anybody else, ever, hears the music you make. Extra extra points if you make a tiny bit of money from that. 

Note: this falls firmly into the "do as I say, not as I do" category 
2017/11/28 16:31:40
Drocket
synkrotron
Drocket

Hi synkrotron,

Andrew.

Thank you for confirming that Andrew

Your welcome , I just sent you a PM regarding Reaper, hopefully it will be useful for you.

Andrew.
2017/11/28 16:36:46
synkrotron
subtlearts
Extra extra points if you make a tiny bit of money from that. 

Haha! Fifty quid so far over at Bandcamp... Somehow, some peeps do have an appetite for the stuff I do

No where near enough to cover my hobby expenses though hahaha!!!
2017/11/28 16:54:39
Joe_A
I've been recorded a couple hundred times!
Wait a minute, I'm not sure being recorded with the church service every week counts.....? Or does it 😊
2017/11/28 16:56:46
Joe_A
But my wife does say things time to time about why four guitars, misc amps, EV sound system, mixer board.....I could go on but why.....
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account