• Software
  • A message from Rick Naqvi—VP of Sales, PreSonus Audio Electronics (p.7)
2017/11/28 17:00:02
WallyG
mixmkr
yes... I also bought it yesterday and JRR says they don't see a problem with a credit/refund between yesterday's pricing and this new crossgrade offer.  We'll see, but the guy at JRR sounded very optimistic, depending on what Presonus says.  I hope so since I bought it within 24 hrs of this new pricing.
If not....well.... life goes on ;-)

I bought the crossgrade bundle (SO3.5 and Notion 6)  from JRR on Black Friday since I didn't know what the deal would be today. I left a message with JRR about the situation. Will see if they call back...

Walt
2017/11/28 17:36:56
rj davis
RSMCGUITAR
mixmkr
you apparently have to submit to Presonus that you own Cakewalk, to get a "code" from them to be qualified to buy the crossgrade.  Read the blog at Presonus  (or it's linked on other threads here).  Says it may take a couple days to receive your code.  Basically you send a pic (screen capture) of your Sonar CCC page or your Sonar "info" page....or sales receipt.

I think if you buy from JRR you have to send them the documents (screenshot serial #) and they send it to Presonus. There isn't a place to but in a code you would receive from Presonus on JRR just a way to upload an image.

Just heard from Presonus and this is correct, JRR needs the proof.  Haven't heard back from JRR yet...
2017/11/28 17:42:32
synkrotron
Strangely enough, as I said in another post a minute ago, I wasn't asked for proof and was able to buy and then activate anyway.
2017/11/28 18:19:31
mixmkr
I got an open support ticket from presonus...but its still blank...??? Trying to get a refund diff from my BF purchase and the new crossgrade price ( about $40 thru JRR)
Will see......
2017/11/28 19:02:33
Rpoulin
Wow! I just purchased Cakewalk Sonar Home Studio for my 16 year old son as a Christmas present last week. I have also bought him a Tascam US2x2 and a microphone. He and some friends are trying to get into music recording. He wants to sing and do some keyboard. (we have a used Yamaha Keyboard with Midi). My question is:
Should i jump on this offer for Studio One or let him play around with Sonar and after he learns something he can make up his own mind as to what he wants? I hate to have him learn on an obsolete software package and I hate to pass up this deal for Studio One. Then again maybe he would prefer something else once he gets into it. Any thoughts???
2017/11/28 19:16:31
mettelus
Rpoulin
Wow! I just purchased Cakewalk Sonar Home Studio for my 16 year old son as a Christmas present last week. I have also bought him a Tascam US2x2 and a microphone. He and some friends are trying to get into music recording. He wants to sing and do some keyboard. (we have a used Yamaha Keyboard with Midi). My question is:
Should i jump on this offer for Studio One or let him play around with Sonar and after he learns something he can make up his own mind as to what he wants? I hate to have him learn on an obsolete software package and I hate to pass up this deal for Studio One. Then again maybe he would prefer something else once he gets into it. Any thoughts???

That is a tough question. I would recommend downloading the S1 demo and seeing if he takes to that. Also verify the S1 crossgrade applies. If both are good, then the S1 path may be valid. You can also validate hardware, setup, performance, etc. using the demo of S1 - take advantage of that opportunity.

For the past two years, S1 has been available for $199 (sans discounts) for brand new owners, so missing the window shouldn't be catastrophic. You have until 12/31.
2017/11/28 20:11:20
kennywtelejazz
I thought the Studio One cross grade for SONAR users was only an offer for SONAR users that have X 1 and Up
thought I read that someplace in the fine print

Kenny
2017/11/28 20:13:59
mettelus
It used to be X2 (or above), but may be a wider net for this.
2017/11/28 20:34:45
kennywtelejazz
Yeah but for Home Studio ? a $50 dollar Cakewalk  program ...wow that's stretching it 

Kenny
2017/11/28 20:41:36
mettelus
Has anyone verified that though? I may have missed it. Home Studio is the old Music Creator which didn't qualify AFAIK, so some verification would help folks.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account