• Software
  • Cubase demo now available and other info
2017/11/29 14:40:44
35mm
The Cubase demo is now online and available here. The Cubase Pro demo requires an e-licenser dongle (mad). If you don't already have one, you can demo Cubase Elements, although bear in mind it's very limited in comparison to the Pro version. You can see a comparison between the different versions here. (Elements trial download is just under 6GB)

There was a live Q & A video session yesterday for Sonar users thinking of moving to Cubase. You can watch that here. It's well worth watching this video!

Other info I have found that you may find useful is;

In the EU/UK you can buy the crossgrade from the Steinberg website. Only the boxed version can be ordered with or without the e-licenser.

In the US you can buy the crossgrade from Sweetwater. This is a download version and you will need to buy an e-licenser dongle separately.

In other countries, you can buy from a local authorized Yamaha dealer. You can find your international distributor here.

I was able to register on their website and the forum without being a customer. So you can post questions on the forum, but I think they moderate your first forum post before it goes up.

I have been in touch with support via the website to ask some questions and they replied promptly.
2017/12/01 00:22:37
Tom B
35mm
The Cubase demo is now online and available here. The Cubase Pro demo requires an e-licenser dongle (mad). If you don't already have one, you can demo Cubase Elements, although bear in mind it's very limited in comparison to the Pro version. You can see a comparison between the different versions here. (Elements trial download is just under 6GB)

I bought an e-licenser dongle from the local Guitar Center, and signed-up for the Cubase Pro trial activation on the Cubase web page. The web page made it seem like an e-mail was sent to me immediately. Has anyone tried this yet?   I'm wondering how long it takes for Steinberg to send the activation e-mail. 
2017/12/01 00:37:42
cityrat
Tom B
35mm

I bought an e-licenser dongle from the local Guitar Center, and signed-up for the Cubase Pro trial activation on the Cubase web page. The web page made it seem like an e-mail was sent to me immediately. Has anyone tried this yet?   I'm wondering how long it takes for Steinberg to send the activation e-mail. 

I had to submit a few times before it went thru - or check your spam folders etc.
2017/12/01 01:00:54
Tom B
cityrat
Tom B
35mm

I had to submit a few times before it went thru - or check your spam folders etc.

Thanks for the info. I'll try again. I would think an automated server sends the activation code, and hopefully the request doesn't need approval.  
2017/12/01 01:12:26
rj davis
Maybe I'm a dinosaur...ok, I AM a dinosaur, but I've never needed a dongle in 25+ years of computer based music, and to think differently is a challenge.  Not saying I can't or won't, only that it's a bridge...

Nice to have a demo, but the comping features I need to audition will need a dongle for the Pro version...

Decisions, decisions...

On the other hand, I AM blazing along with Studio One.  (Full 30 day trial, no dongle)   NOT judging!  :)
2017/12/01 01:21:42
Tom B
I'm also demo'ing Studio One.  So far, I've made a quick mix of 12 tracks of audio, and working on another project with MIDI with a several audio tracks. 

I wasn't pleased about having to purchase a dongle for the Cubase demo, but really want to give it try.  
2017/12/01 02:12:03
michael diemer
There are three options in the download assistant: Cubase 9.5. upgrade from 9.0, and the Cubase 9.5 demo project. Which one do you download? (Obviously not the upgrade, so it's between the other two).
2017/12/01 02:27:39
Beagle
I've tried submitting my email - actually I've tried 2 different emails 2 times each in 2 different browsers and I am not ever getting the "steinberg password" in order to continue to the download.  It's not a problem with spam folder either, I have checked directly on the server and I've not received an email at all on either account.
2017/12/01 02:46:36
Tom B
Michael and Beagle, thanks for the replies...

I went to the link which '35mm' provided above -- which is the same location when traversing from Steinberg's home page to the Cubase Trial.  On that page, it's asks for an e-mail address and says they will send an activation code and presumably a download location.  I haven't gotten as far as downloading the demo software.  Perhaps I missed something on the Cubase "trial" webpage.

It's seems like Beagle is not getting a response either.  Perhaps there's a server issue, and maybe will have to wait until the workday begins in Europe.

2017/12/01 02:59:36
Beagle
Tom - I had also received an email from Steinberg titled "Try now Cubase 9.5 for free" because I have an account with Steinberg from my Yamaha included AI old version (4).  I also tried clicking on the link in that email and did the same thing but it would not send me an activation "password" to download the trial. even if I logged into my account first.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account