• Software
  • Cubase demo now available and other info (p.2)
2017/12/01 04:29:20
michael diemer
Are you guys putting in your Steinberg account passwords? I missed it the first time, it's at the bottom of the page, and I didn't scroll down enough to see it.
2017/12/01 05:08:35
Tom B
I don't have an existing Steinberg account. Maybe I misunderstood.  At the top of the trial software page it says "... subscribe now and experience our most complete DAW ..."  Thought I was subscribing and getting access to the download, but maybe I need to create an account elsewhere first.   I'll give it a try.
2017/12/01 06:51:41
35mm
You have to create a Steinberg account first to get the demo. The email should be sent immediately.

Cubase has always used a dongle since the Atari ST days. It always will.

I tried the demo but the GUI has an issue on my system which is nuts, so I will be going with Studio One this time.
2017/12/01 07:41:03
Tom B
Thanks 35mm.  I'll try creating the account and downloading the demo tomorrow.   
2017/12/01 07:52:47
JClosed
michael diemer
There are three options in the download assistant: Cubase 9.5. upgrade from 9.0, and the Cubase 9.5 demo project. Which one do you download? (Obviously not the upgrade, so it's between the other two).

The program download is Cubase 9.5, and the demo project is just that. After installing Cubase 9.5 you can load in the demo project as an example how Cubase can be used.

I am already a Cubase user (I have used Cubase alongside Sonar for a long time), but I have installed Cubase 9.5 alongside my Cubase 9.0 install. That way I have a rock steady base for daily use, and a new version of the platform to experiment with. I will purchase the update this December, and by that time I probably have tested out most stuff to migrate partly to the new version. I always wait until the first bugfix update to migrate fully. More than 40 year software experience have learned me to do that with literally every program, small or big.

And 35mm.. Sorry to see that your demo turned out to be so disappointing. Everybody on the forum(s) seem to be baffled by what is happening on your system. It's understandable you will go for Studio One. Too bad, as I would have loved to help a fellow Sonarian with the first steps in his new software. Unfortunately I do not know enough from Studio One  to be at any help here, but I am sure you will see a lot fellow Sonarians on the Presonus website. Anyway - Good luck with your new program (whatever it will turn out to be). 
2017/12/01 09:21:28
Frank-US
35mm

I tried the demo but the GUI has an issue on my system which is nuts, so I will be going with Studio One this time.

Could you send me a PM and leave an e-mail address since the system don't allow any reply to a PM until next Monday?
Best,
Frank
2017/12/01 13:31:02
Beagle
michael diemer
Are you guys putting in your Steinberg account passwords? I missed it the first time, it's at the bottom of the page, and I didn't scroll down enough to see it.

that was so unclear from the process!  I finally am able to download.
2017/12/01 17:56:43
michael diemer
Frank-US
35mm

Could you send me a PM and leave an e-mail address since the system don't allow any reply to a PM until next Monday?
Best,
Frank

Yes, happened with me too. If you have Windows 7, you have to use aero view. I usually don't, as part of my optimizing routine. I switched to aero and all is well.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account