2017/11/27 00:38:59
rj davis
I'm a basic record/edit/mix user but the one "advanced" feature I've bonded with is SPlat's speed comping.  After using S1 to edit a couple of songs, I can achieve similar results to SPlat, but it's more awkward and time consuming.  Anyone have a SPlat alternative that is GREAT at comping quickly?  BTW, have been using Sonar since the 5-1/4" drive days.  Am not happy at ALL to be on this journey...

THANK YOU!
2017/11/27 00:43:06
cclarry
Here's a video on comping in S1 3P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBqP5VZZvZ8
2017/11/27 07:51:07
rj davis
cclarry
Here's a video on comping in S1 3P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBqP5VZZvZ8

Thx for this.  Forgot to add to original post: Have watched every comping video on YouTube for Studio One and read the manual on comping multiple times.  It's not that I don't understand S1 comping, it's that I find it slow compared to SPlat.  Comping is a feature that will drive my DAW choices since my other needs are more vanilla.
2017/11/30 13:35:13
cool
2017/11/30 22:42:15
rj davis
Thx for the input.  Have decided on Studio One. After a bit of experimentation and keystroke customization, was able to match the speed of SPlat's speed comping, which is my standard.  :)  The show must go on...
2017/12/01 00:06:55
batsbrew
rj davis

It's not that I don't understand S1 comping, it's that I find it slow compared to SPlat.  

Pretty sure it's actually faster than splat,

once you've learned how to do it.

2017/12/01 00:48:01
rj davis
batsbrew
rj davis

It's not that I don't understand S1 comping, it's that I find it slow compared to SPlat.  

Pretty sure it's actually faster than splat,

once you've learned how to do it.

I agree with that.  Just took some flexibility in my workflow, and it all fell in place.  For the stuff I do, Studio One is a nice fit.  I'm still bouncing back to SPlat a lot, and LOVE it, BUT...

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account