2013/05/25 08:08:19
Bugai
I`m cannot understand. Why not realise flac format support in Rapture, while in Dimension Pro all factory presets are use this format ? Please, make it.
I thought it was related products, in a manner.
2013/05/25 12:08:27
scook
I can only guess. DimPro typically has a much larger multisample directory than Rapture so DimPro would benefit more from the compression. When both synths were introduced, they both came with samples in wav format. The flac format samples came later with the most recent version of DimPro. The products do have things in common but ultimately they are different products.
2013/05/25 13:28:50
Bugai
  If I'm not mistaken, at the wav presets era of DimPro, Rapture could open/understand his programs (or just use DimPro wav forms in Rapture). And it was a nice addition for users. That's what I mean.  

Also, to date, HDD size \ price negates the benefits of compression, and in this case - a loss of format flexibility.  

More, for me this product is useful to their content, not just through the use with DimPro. As a result, in this case (compression) more of an inconvenience than the pros.

So, addition FLAC format to Rapture in some way compensates this.

(I'm sorry, I use translator, I hope clearly expressed.) 
2013/05/25 13:45:49
scook
You could always convert the flac files back to wav. You can read a discussion about it here http://www.kvraudio.com/f...postorder=asc&start=15
2013/05/25 15:00:45
Bugai
Yes, i know that it is possible to convert (but Thanks for link, useful)

In any case, add flac support request remains valid, it will not do anything worse, and will add convenience and save from unnecessary body movements.
2013/05/25 16:06:46
scook
Sure it is a valid request. I was just trying to get a solution that will happen in your lifetime. Here is the feature request form from the sticky on how to contact Cakewalk directly http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/FeatureRequest.asp
2013/05/25 20:16:51
Kev999
Bugai

If I'm not mistaken, at the wav presets era of DimPro, Rapture could open/understand his programs (or just use DimPro wav forms in Rapture).
If you are trying to use DimPro samples in Rapture, just load the relevant SFZ file into a Rapture Element.  I shouldn't matter that the SFZ file makes use of FLAC samples rather than WAV.
2013/05/25 20:29:54
scook
Have you tried to load an sfz full of flac in Rapture?
2013/05/25 20:59:31
Kev999
scook

Have you tried to load an sfz full of flac in Rapture?
I was intending to test this out but I don't seem to have any flac SZF files on any of my harddrives.  Do they not work in Rapture?
2013/05/25 21:11:16
scook
No, Rapture only supports aif, ogg and wav. Check out the file name filter in the element browser for a hint to supported formats. Don't you think I would have mentioned it earlier if Rapture supported flac?
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account